Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear Photo Thread

I don't recall having the break in the insoles, though that could be just that its been a while and it wasn't much of an issue if at all. No telling how your feet work in your boots though. Mt Hathorn Smoke Jumpers were a bugger to break in, but 2-3 weeks and they started getting decent, then have been great ever since, even after sending them back for a rebuild once, the new break in wasn't as much as the first time for some reason.

Some people used to get their new boots soaking wet the first day, then walk them dry to break them in. I never tried it. Youd want to oil them after drying them out if you try it. The newer generations of boots probably wouldn't take well to that, but ones made in traditional methods and materials may.

Footwear Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Maybe I am too light? [emoji19]
    On a serious note, how'd you break them in? I just wore them in. Like I said, the everything is wearing in fine other than the inside/insole.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Laced em up tight with medium thickness to thick wool socks and walked about a half mile in them on the first day to kickstart the break-in period. I'm probably around 220 lb though so the weight likely does speed up the process. I would guess the extra insoles are probably not going to allow the footbed to form to your foot as well than without them. Not my area of expertise though so IDK.
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; 11-12-2016 at 09:21 PM.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Ugg Rohnan. One of my favorite, unlikely boots. GYW and waterproof. Now discontinued but I snagged 2 pair before they went. More comfortable than my RW, Aldens, and AEdmonds.

<Matthew 10:28>

Swapping out some Vasque GTX's that are no longer waterproof for Danner Mountain Pass boots.

Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Swapping out some Vasque GTX's that are no longer waterproof for Danner Mountain Pass boots.

Is that the Harvest color?

How do you like them?

Allen Edmonds is running a sale - $100 off boots. The Normandy boot is $250 right now.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    That's a good price, I just ordered the Higgins Mill for $199 and Mora 2.0's for $177.

I need some old wives tails on how to break in boots. My Wesco's came in Tuesday and I've wore them yesterday and today. They hurt so bad my left foot is actually bleeding. I usually go walk around in a creek for a while and that helps speed things up..but I don't think these are waterproof and with a sad face price tag I'm not wanting to willingly soak the inside of my new boots.
    They are so stiff and tight they squeak like I'm walking around in a pair of dirtbike riding boots.

Only think I've done is oiled then.
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List