Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear Photo Thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    those are fine for boots, but I'm looking for something more dressy/office and less boot/casual.
    PS if no form of boot would do, I would vote for Eccos. There are a bunch of models; here is one (sorry about the big pic):
    Name:  640514-01482-main-nfh.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  44.7 KB
    https://us.ecco.com/ecco-vitrus-iii-...=01482#start=1

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    PS if no form of boot would do, I would vote for Eccos. There are a bunch of models; here is one (sorry about the big pic):
    Name:  640514-01482-main-nfh.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  44.7 KB
    https://us.ecco.com/ecco-vitrus-iii-...=01482#start=1
    Those aren’t bad.

I wouldn’t be opposed to a pair of boots provided they “go” with dress pants without looking like I’m in Texas.

Site Supporter
    If we are going to be your personal shoppers, what size and width?

DB

The vast majority of the time, I'm going to be in Converse or flops.

However, when it's cold and wet, I break out the Iron Rangers.

I recommend Thursday Boots. I work in medical sales, so I am constantly on asphalt or standing on hospital floors. Sub $100 dress shoes wear out in less than a year and aren’t waterproof for rainy/snowy days. I looked for a long time to find a dress boot that was waterproof and would work with a mainly business casual attire but could also step up to a suit on rare occasion.

AE, Alden, Viberg are all great but I have 4 kids, a mortgage, and am the sole breadwinner. Thursday’s met my budget needs at $199 and for what you get, I couldn’t be more pleased. Goodyear welted so they can be re-soled when the time comes, well crafted, and good leather quality.

I got these: www.thursdayboots.com/products/mens-brown-captain?collection=boots

They have slip on Chelsea style also. They run about a half size smaller than tennis shoes.

I am very frugal and spent almost a year doing research, reading reviews, and even watched a video of a shoe cobbler taking them apart and discussing how they compare to more expensive brands before I took the plunge. Sad I know...but I am convinced that for a new shoe/boot, you cannot beat their prices for how well they are made. YMMV.
    Last edited by Virtuosity Student; 01-22-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Oak Street Bootmakers also have some aggressive sales now and again. They start at near Alden prices, but several friends have scored pairs for under $250.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

While I love my old school boots - I’ve not found anything that is as comfortable, durable, and usable as the Altama OTBs. For me the low-top versions are perfect. Here you can see my first pair on the left, worn almost daily for 3-years, including in salt and snow. On the right a new pair that has been worn twice.

And recently Altama did a made in limited run in Woodland camo which are made in the USA. So yea, I had to have me a pair of those.

Name:  AE4F5046-D2F6-449A-858E-0BCE8D615217.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  56.6 KB

Name:  81FB17FA-563C-4E00-8182-34E704BE2AD0.jpeg
Views: 607
Size:  82.7 KB

Name:  297192A7-92BC-4928-B514-8D0A209F883F.jpeg
Views: 604
Size:  74.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Grant Stone bourbon suede Traveler loafer.Name:  20200213_184735.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  43.2 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    So how are you liking these? How do they compare to the AE Higgins Mill as far as fit, comfort and quality?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    If your still digging the Higgins Mills AE is doing a suede trunk show right now. You can order a HM in several colors of suede, pick the welt and sole. Pretty good buy at full price with no upcharge.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    If your still digging the Higgins Mills AE is doing a suede trunk show right now. You can order a HM in several colors of suede, pick the welt and sole. Pretty good buy at full price with no upcharge.
    Well damn, I ended up buying the suede Pattons I linked up thread. Right after that AE had 20% off everything so I couldn't resist. It's the same last as HM but seems to be a looser fit. Overall I like them but not as much as I thought I would. At the time I didn't see any suede options for the HM. Is there a page for the trunk show? I couldn't find anything.
    Not that I'm going to buy but I might as well look, right? [emoji41]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

User Tag List