Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear Photo Thread

Site Supporter
    Name:  20200903_160311.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  67.3 KB

Wore these Grant Stone's for the 16 hour drive from MI to VA. Love the fit of their Leo last.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Ordered two pairs of these in supposedly two different colors. With them on my feet I could barely distinguish the difference!

Not as shiny as I’d like either but I suppose I can shine them myself.

And of course it appears that what I may require is a 10w...

ETA
    Here’s what I ordered. So the “cognac” from the order arrived as “tan” on the box. Not sure if that’s an error or just the way their system works.
    Attachment 59780
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    My shoe paste brand of choice-Lincoln

https://www.amazon.com/Lincoln-Shoe-...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I am told that Saphir brand is excellent for a shoe cream but I have not tired it yet.

Another shoe life extension habit beyond never wearing the same shoe 2x in a row unless on the road I picked up long ago was to the wear the shoe until you can just see where the heal is going to start wearing down based on your gait. Then put on plastic heel taps over that wear spot.

I have 20+ year old Allen Edmond's that were second hand when I got them that have held up just fine heel wise using that approach. I am now using the same with great success on some Red Wing an Wolverine boots. I would think that heal protection will be critical on a rubber healed shoe that is not easily recraftable.
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    It's amazing, makes other products feel like they're worthless.

Likewise.
    Is it even worth trying to get a shine into shoes that start out from the factory as pretty “matte” looking? Or should I continue my seemingly fruitless quest for shiny penny loafers in a dark brown that have a decent looking sole but also enough traction to keep me upright?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

You can certainly get some level of shine, all depends on how much and if it's all over or just the toes.

As far as traction... Rancourt or Oak Street Bootmakers might be worth a look, they've got some soles that aren't bad or could take a topper.

https://www.rancourtandcompany.com/men-s/loafers.html
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Name:  68351F5E-6C9C-4D1D-8885-8D9305575EEE.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  101.8 KB

Redwing/Indian collab called the Storm Lake, basically an 8” Iron Ranger.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Alden Ravello Shell Medallion Cap Toe Jumper
    Name:  164284109_10125107302202014_4853309281199180776_n.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  100.5 KB
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Good timing bumping this thread...

Solovairs... it looks like there's 2-3 US brick & mortar retailers and then everything else comes mail order out of England?

Anyone that has some, 3-4 eye shoes in particular, have a comment on fit, particularly regarding toe box width?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Name:  0E03A9FE-A3F1-4D5A-B813-4269968A8669.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  66.9 KB

Site Supporter

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuosity Student View Post
    I recommend Thursday Boots. I work in medical sales, so I am constantly on asphalt or standing on hospital floors. Sub $100 dress shoes wear out in less than a year and aren’t waterproof for rainy/snowy days. I looked for a long time to find a dress boot that was waterproof and would work with a mainly business casual attire but could also step up to a suit on rare occasion.

AE, Alden, Viberg are all great but I have 4 kids, a mortgage, and am the sole breadwinner. Thursday’s met my budget needs at $199 and for what you get, I couldn’t be more pleased. Goodyear welted so they can be re-soled when the time comes, well crafted, and good leather quality.

I got these: www.thursdayboots.com/products/mens-brown-captain?collection=boots

They have slip on Chelsea style also. They run about a half size smaller than tennis shoes.

I am very frugal and spent almost a year doing research, reading reviews, and even watched a video of a shoe cobbler taking them apart and discussing how they compare to more expensive brands before I took the plunge. Sad I know...but I am convinced that for a new shoe/boot, you cannot beat their prices for how well they are made. YMMV.
    Thanks for this post. I ordered the Captain boots in brown this morning. Hoping this does not render me a hipster...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    Thanks for this post. I ordered the Captain boots in brown this morning. Hoping this does not render me a hipster...
    Any idea what their return policy is like? Did you order more than one size in anticipation of keeping only the one that fits?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Any idea what their return policy is like? Did you order more than one size in anticipation of keeping only the one that fits?
    Thursday recommends ordering 1/2 size smaller than your sneakers. The website promises free shipping and returns. I hope they live up to the excellent online reviews.

User Tag List