Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
Results 441 to 447 of 447

Thread: Footwear Photo Thread

  1. #441
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Salomon is a great shoe so long as your foot is not too wide. They have become the footwear of choice by several of the agents and agencies with whom I work (USMS, FBI, DEA, ATF, TFOs assigned to the same) and is displacing the Moab Ventilator in both the low top and mid top categories. Many models are available in Goretex (GTX) and without.

    Mate them with these merino wool socks from Kirkland (costco) and it is an easy hiking day based on 300 + training and actual miles for Philmont.

    https://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Sign...8-7&th=1&psc=1

    I freely acknowledge that Smartwool and Darn Tough may make a better sock. The 6 pk above is 20ish shipped makes making the sock 3 ish per. The Kirklands punch way above their weight are far exceed the intersection of quality/value. Made in the USA to boot.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

  2. #442
    Site Supporter rob_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SE FL
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Salomon is a great shoe so long as your foot is not too wide. They have become the footwear of choice by several of the agents and agencies with whom I work (USMS, FBI, DEA, ATF, TFOs assigned to the same) and is displacing the Moab Ventilator in both the low top and mid top categories. Many models are available in Goretex (GTX) and without.

    Mate them with these merino wool socks from Kirkland (costco) and it is an easy hiking day based on 300 + training and actual miles for Philmont.

    https://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Sign...8-7&th=1&psc=1

    I freely acknowledge that Smartwool and Darn Tough may make a better sock. The 6 pk above is 20ish shipped makes making the sock 3 ish per. The Kirklands punch way above their weight are far exceed the intersection of quality/value. Made in the USA to boot.
    Already got the smartwools.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

  3. #443
    Member Gadfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Old Keens finally crapped out, so needed some "hiking shoes".
    https://www.salomon.com/en-us/shop/p...ml#color=48679

    Wanted the grey but only the green were available at the time, backordered the grey in case they didn't come in by the time I leave for my trip. Grey turned up in time, so I had the opportunity to get a pic of both side-by-side.

    of course, being the snowflake that I am, I really wish the tan sole was on the green and the black on the grey, but ultimately decided to keep the grey. Had the green had the tan sole that would have been my choice.

    But overall I *really* like the appearance of the shoe. Here's hoping I don't decide I hate the fit 3 miles in to a hike in Moab in two weeks!

    Attachment 70454
    I have had my eye on the green... let me know about comfort and actual water repelling. Hope they work out.
    A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that. - Shane

  4. #444
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Old Keens finally crapped out, so needed some "hiking shoes".
    https://www.salomon.com/en-us/shop/p...ml#color=48679

    Wanted the grey but only the green were available at the time, backordered the grey in case they didn't come in by the time I leave for my trip. Grey turned up in time, so I had the opportunity to get a pic of both side-by-side.

    of course, being the snowflake that I am, I really wish the tan sole was on the green and the black on the grey, but ultimately decided to keep the grey. Had the green had the tan sole that would have been my choice.

    But overall I *really* like the appearance of the shoe. Here's hoping I don't decide I hate the fit 3 miles in to a hike in Moab in two weeks!

    Attachment 70454
    I always thought Keens were really wide and Salomons were kinda narrow. How is the fit?

  5. #445
    Site Supporter rob_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SE FL
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I always thought Keens were really wide and Salomons were kinda narrow. How is the fit?
    Seems ok. I went up a half size.

    This particular model seems to be wider.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

  6. #446
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lander, WY USA
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    How were they sized relative to your brannock size?
    My brannock size is about 10.25. The Thursday Boot Captains in 10 1/2 fit me well.

  7. #447
    Member orionz06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Name:  181788225_10125389722015444_4981196160341540425_n.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  84.9 KB

    I love the C&J Harlech's so much that I went and got two pairs of Coniston's. Dark brown rough out and tan scotch grain. Dark brown shown.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •