Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tracking Point Feedback

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States

Tracking Point Feedback

I have fired a bolt action Tracking Point rifle at the 2015 SHOT Show Media Day, and followed up with their .308 AR this year. I was very impressed by the former; a bit less so by the latter. I am getting ready to pull the trigger, so to speak, on one of their products. But the past turmoil in their company instills no confidence in their ability and willingness to relieve planned obsolescence of computer gear that comprises the proprietary part of their weapon systems. I would appreciate any feedback from their customers in regard of performance and service.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Site Supporter
    Why a Tracking Point ?
    https://www.facebook.com/dave.bateman.311

kimbers have more issues than time magazine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dbateman View Post
    Why a Tracking Point ?
    Personal experience + this.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Site Supporter
    Nothing against Taya and what she's doing but I'm pretty sure "this" is a PR stunt.
    https://www.facebook.com/dave.bateman.311

kimbers have more issues than time magazine.

The Chris Kyle widow thing is a joke.

Looking at the videos it seems a little cheesy and the guy keep saying "how cool is that" which drives me crazy for some odd reason. That said, if I had plenty of money I'd buy one. They look really cool. I feel like if it's that easy to shoot it would get boring quick though.
    Last edited by Luke; 07-07-2016 at 06:22 AM.
    i used to wannabe

With respect, save your money, buy a good rifle with glass, and practice. Don't fall into incredibly expensive hype on a beta test of a product.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Kinda seems like it'd be like a man who loves to drive buying an autonomous car.

Unless the thing can read wind/mirage it's worthless. A nice rifle + good optics + lots of ammo + a metric ass-ton of range time in a place with lots of mirage and wind is still the only way to fly.

On a side note I read somewhere that DARPA was working on a scope that would utilize remote wind/weather stations that wirelessly transmit wind/weather to the scope which makes adjustments on the fly. Now that would be something that has merit, especially out past 500-600m.
    Last edited by secondstoryguy; 07-07-2016 at 02:06 PM.

The Tracking Point 7.62 AR is $16,000.

Don't know much about precision rifles, but if I had that much money to spend on a gat, I'd probably get:

Larue PedatAR 7.62 $2.7k
    Leupold Mk 6 w/H59 $3k
    Atlas bipod $300
    Thunder Ranch Long Range AR15 Scoped Rifle class $900
    Thunder Ranch High Angle Rifle Training $1500
    Daryl Holland & Kelly Venden 2 day precision rifle course $525

...and still have $9k left over!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    With respect, save your money, buy a good rifle with glass, and practice. Don't fall into incredibly expensive hype on a beta test of a product.
    Done and done.

Name:  040a.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  39.0 KB

Still want a Tracking Point.
    I am guessing you never fired one.
    Saving my money is not an issue.

User Tag List