Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CA Friendly / AIWB Friendly Gun

I would recommend to carry what's reliable and what your comfortable with. Your 10 round mags are gonna be illegal too....

I had a thread going a while back on a similar issue. With your Glocks, go for a mag block in your full cap magazines. Secondarily, there are many great guns on the roster, some of which don't mandate mag disconnects or LCIs. Look at Beretta 92s and PX4 compacts; HK 2000s and USP compacts and fullsize; a slew of high end 1911s. Your idea for picking up a Sig and replacing the slide is sound, but unless it was a P239 I'd consider one of the other options.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    While I appreciate these suggestions the biggest hurdle is that unless the gun is on this stupid list a regular citizen can't buy them new in California.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/
    Wow no gen 4 glocks allowed. I'm really sorry. That's terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    I would look at the HK P2000. The V3 (DA/SA hammer fired) or V2 LEM both appear to be on the list. The trigger can be cleaned up by simple spring replacements, HD sights are about the best option available, and in my understanding the HK 10 round mags are extremely reliable. It is virtually identical in size to a G19.

The SK version is standard with 10 rounds. It would be a good addition to the full size if you can CC where you are.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    While I appreciate these suggestions the biggest hurdle is that unless the gun is on this stupid list a regular citizen can't buy them new in California.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/
    The P239 is most definitely on that list.

if you don't want the SIG because of concerns re: the slide, I'd look at H&Ks - especially .45 caliber models. I'd probably buy the .45 for carry and a similarly sized model for range time in 9mm.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 06-19-2016 at 05:17 PM.

Another option to look into is the various CZ compacts. All of CZ USA models are on the roster (RAMI, CZ 75D/PCR, P0-1) in CA legal versions w/10 round mags. I believe they all have LCI's but it's unobtrusive in the CZ's. If I lived in a county that would issue CCW's and I wanted to carry AIWB, a PCR or P0-1 would be my choice and I am mainly a Glock shooter but also love the ergo's and shootability of CZ's.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Would an OEM 15/17-round magazine with one of those block things permanently installed work better than an OEM 10-round magazine?
    Yes, much better. The 10-round factory Glock mags run FMJ bullets well, but are relatively unreliable for hollowpoint ammunition. Personally all my training mags are factory 10 rounders and my self defense mags are permanently riveted 10/17 or 10/15 magazines

Have your Brother make a 19 cut to fit 26 mags like I'm most likely going to do since the 26 mags are supposedly reliable.

Also keep in mind that used "off roster" guns are plentiful in CA, including HK45, HK45c, VP9, Gen 4 Glocks including G43, etc. basically you can find most any recent poduction handgun. Yes there is usually a premium but you can get the gun you want. These are legal to buy in a "face to face" transaction with the seller at a CA FFL -- they just can't be shipped. Although the laws are draconian there is a very large and active gun owning population in CA. Check the Marketplace section of Calguns.net if you haven't already.

Oh he knows Xrs lol

User Tag List