Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: .380 defensive ammo

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I'm going to place a bulk order for practice ammo. In ball any reason other than price to choose one of these over the other?

Speer Lawman
    Geco (Hungary)
    S&B

I'm putting the whole JHP on hold at the moment. I'll come back to that later.
    If it's truly just practice ammo I had no problems with 500 rounds of Freedom. I believe it was reman IIRC.

Just checked and its current,y out of stock. They were running 5% of sales every week or two for awhile. They usually stock back up pretty quickly.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    This is good ammo at a great price -

http://www.sgammo.com/product/geco/1...e-geco-hungary
    That's the one I was looking at, same vendor too. I went to all my go-to bulk ammo suppliers and their prices overall seemed better than the rest. That one is $249/1000 whereas the S&B was $269 and the Lawman $299.

SGAmmo is excellent. I've been ordering from them for many years, and the Geco stuff has always been very good. Magtech and S&B (same company) is very good too, but not worth the $20 difference in my opinion.

That's the one I was looking at, same vendor too. I went to all my go-to bulk ammo suppliers and their prices overall seemed better than the rest. That one is $249/1000 whereas the S&B was $269 and the Lawman $299.
    I'm working on my second case of that stuff and it really shoots great in my LCP's.

They're both out of stock currently, but when they have it AIM sells it for $239.80 plus shipping and TargetSports sells it for $259.80 shipped free.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Another good shooting ball round is the Italian Fiocchi 95 grain fmj. It is cannalured (sp?) to prevent bullet setback. Make sure you get the Italian and not the Hungarian stuff.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I'm going to place a bulk order for practice ammo. In ball any reason other than price to choose one of these over the other?

Speer Lawman
    Geco (Hungary)
    S&B

I'm putting the whole JHP on hold at the moment. I'll come back to that later.
    CS support for both large and small Speer Lawman orders were fast, helpful, and CONUS. Would S&B or Geco be as well?
    Last edited by ST911; 06-20-2016 at 09:08 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

So I decided to look at the Black Hills 90gr JHP I have in the safe now - 100rds left after shooting a box yesterday. My novice GOOGLE says it's loaded with XTP bullets but the box nor the BHA site say that. I am a noob to bullet profile but can one tell by looking at the bullet if it's XTP? Again, probably a lame question for some of you pros on here but again I'm looking for knowledge and not ridicule.

XTP's are pretty easy to identify, and Black Hills used them a lot in the past.

https://www.google.com/search?q=horn...18h0ldysRrM%3A

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    XTP's are pretty easy to identify, and Black Hills used them a lot in the past.

https://www.google.com/search?q=horn...18h0ldysRrM%3A
    Yup, that's what it looks like. Man, I've burned up a few hundred rounds of that in a G42 and a couple of LCPs without realizing it was more of a premium ammo. I have had no issues with malfs or accuracy. In fact, I quite like it. I can't remember what I paid but it wasn't much when I bought in bulk a couple of years ago. I guess I have my carry load already now that I'm out of the Speer and Golden Sabers. BHA it is.

User Tag List