Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: .380 defensive ammo

To quote Tamara;

tallest midget at the state fair
    Still, locally, I'm aware of two bad guys (two different instances) who are eating their salads from the roots up due to good placement of one .22 (LR or M, unknown) and three .32 ACPs.
    Last edited by Al T.; 08-28-2016 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    To quote Tamara;

Still, locally, I'm aware of two bad guys (two different instances) who are eating their salads from the roots up due to good placement of one .22 (LR or M, unknown) and three .32 ACPs.
    A few years back a wayward visitor to our country made the mistake of trying to solicit donations at gunpoint -in a pub frequented by Vegas Metro folks. He was quickly dispatched with a mag of .25's
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    "tallest midget at the state fair"
    That is fricken epic.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    A few years back a wayward visitor to our country made the mistake of trying to solicit donations at gunpoint -in a pub frequented by Vegas Metro folks. He was quickly dispatched with a mag of .25's
    A cop with a .25 at a bar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is fricken epic.
    Lots more where that came from:

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    There sure is a lot of condescension of folks that don't live the full tactical operator lifestyle. People come here to learn. People come here to gain knowledge. If they feel they aren't welcome they will stop coming. That's probably OK to some here because they don't like the extra noise drowning out their chest thumping and distract them from high fiving each other like it's a locker room.
    You get a like from me for that; and I don't dish out many of those.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    I have often wondered whether a good .32/7.65 Browning handgun loaded with Euro-spec ammo would do as well or maybe a little better than .380. If Beretta ever actually sells the Pico in 7.65/32, I would be very tempted to try one as a NPE or a secondary/tertiary piece.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    I have often wondered whether a good .32/7.65 Browning handgun loaded with Euro-spec ammo would do as well or maybe a little better than .380. If Beretta ever actually sells the Pico in 7.65/32, I would be very tempted to try one as a NPE or a secondary/tertiary piece.
    Wonder how hard it would be to just get a barrel made for one? I have a P32 that I use in preference to getting a little .380. It's weight and size do the job. But it isn't terribly accurate. Makes me wonder about headspacing - is it headspacing on the rim, or the casemouth? And bore size - .32 ACP isn't the most consistent from make to make on bore size, and that makes me wonder about which factory euro ball to carry.

Of course, the sights on it make the standard fixed sight revolver sights look fantastic in comparison.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Wonder how hard it would be to just get a barrel made for one? I have a P32 that I use in preference to getting a little .380. It's weight and size do the job. But it isn't terribly accurate. Makes me wonder about headspacing - is it headspacing on the rim, or the casemouth? And bore size - .32 ACP isn't the most consistent from make to make on bore size, and that makes me wonder about which factory euro ball to carry.

Of course, the sights on it make the standard fixed sight revolver sights look fantastic in comparison.
    Does the gun consistently shoot off to one direction? Mine shot about 5" to the right at 30 ft. when new. A gunsmith removed some metal from the left side muzzle opening in the slide, welded some metal to the right side, and moved the barrel over slightly. The gun now shoots fine from the standpoint of windage.

A Crimson Trace LaserGuard is the best aftermarket sight option I have found.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Does the gun consistently shoot off to one direction? Mine shot about 5" to the right at 30 ft. when new. A gunsmith removed some metal from the left side muzzle opening in the slide, welded some metal to the right side, and moved the barrel over slightly. The gun now shoots fine from the standpoint of windage.

A Crimson Trace LaserGuard is the best aftermarket sight option I have found.
    Interesting. I'll have to sit down with it and get some more serious groups done. Without having done that, I can only say that it just seems to make larger groups than I was expecting.

User Tag List