Thread: Gmx vs. Tsx

Gmx vs. Tsx

My rifle shoots both accurately, but they don't seem exactly interchangeable. When I shoot gilded metal jacket or composed bullets and then switch go tsx, or vis versa, I get accuracy variations. Bullets land a few moa away from others unpredictably, and with going from gilding metal to tsx solid copper, it takes 10 to 20 rounds for the gun to settle down and group well. Personally, I'd rather go with gmx as they are cheaper, way hotter, and seem to penetrate better for their weight while expanding similar. However...what is the opinion or consensus on gmx from hunters and gello and ois's? Specifically the 55gr hornady 81255? I have found in water jugs thay it penetrated as much to more than 62gr tsx or 75gr gold dot, and arrives on target 3 to 600fps faster within 200 yards. Sub 2moa accuracy for 10 shot groups is the norm from my rifle, putting it similar to tsx, and only a hair worse than good dot (but 600fps hotter...), and I can shoot it interchangeable with m193 and wolf or whatever without having to run half a MG through the gun to calm groups down afterward.

I shot a coyote at 120 yds with the TAP GMX 81255,it blew a half dollar sized hole through the heart/lungs,ran in a circle chasing it's tail for about 4 seconds and then dropped,DRT. It matches POA/POI within a 1/4" at 50 yds with my Independence 55 gr xm193 practice ammo. Sight is a Meprolight M5 with a 1.8 moa dot. On an old truck body it out penetrated 62 gr xm855,55 gr xm193i,and ky 55 gr sp reloads. It penetrated almost as far as m67 7.62x39 out of an AK47.
    Last edited by witchking777; 08-27-2016 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by witchking777 View Post
    I shot a coyote at 120 yds with the TAP GMX 81255,it blew a half dollar sized hole through the heart/lungs,ran in a circle chasing it's tail for about 4 seconds and then dropped,DRT. It matches POA/POI within a 1/4" at 50 yds with my Independence 55 gr xm193 practice ammo. Sight is a Meprolight M5 with a 1.8 moa dot. On an old truck body it out penetrated 62 gr xm855,55 gr xm193i,and ky 55 gr sp reloads. It penetrated almost as far as m67 7.62x39 out of an AK47.
    Impressive! Ty for the datapoint!

User Tag List