Thread: Raven Light Compatible Holster

Raven Light Compatible Holster

So I a few months ago I ordered a raven holster and just received it in the mail. The quality of the holster is of course very high but I have some questions for the experts here about carrying it IWB. The trigger guard is very exposed with this holster. Fuse's holster had had this same issue and he was assured by Raven that it was faulty and that he should send it back in. Upon inspection this space is necessary to accommodate the light. It seems like it should be GTG but before I Plaxico myself I thought I would make sure. Here are some photos illustrating the issue that causes my worries. I'm sorry they are large photos. Thanks for your help.

As is evident in these lewd photos I can actually pull the trigger when the weapon is fully seated, however, I don't think clothing is any more likely to get in there and the trigger is definitely protected from outside snaggy things, particularly when IWB covered by a shirt. Thanks again for your collective help.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

I have a Crown Royal light compatible, which is basically a 7-day-wait copycat of the Raven. It has the same space yours does, however I'm not able to pull the trigger( DA/SA HK P2000).

Have you tried it IWB? I tried mine IWB and found it to be uncomfortable, my AIWB Looper is way more comfortable. OWB though, it's superb!
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

So, I had an opposite issue with their light-bearing holster. The part covering the trigger guard was larger and during the draw I rubbed a proximal phalanx of my middle finger into a pulp against the edge of trigger guard cover. The same was happening with my 1911 Phantom light holster. I sent them in and they took off some material; was enough for 1911 but not sufficient for G19. I ended up taking more and now, just like you, I can stick my finger in and pull that trigger, if I tried hard. Nothing bad happened so far, but this is yet another reason I am waiting for Gadget.

I wonder if they had so many returns on this account that they changed the mold.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I have a Crown Royal light compatible, which is basically a 7-day-wait copycat of the Raven.
    Have you tried it IWB? I tried mine IWB and found it to be uncomfortable, my AIWB Looper is way more comfortable. OWB though, it's superb!
    Not to derail, but are you saying you wouldn't recommend the Crown for IWB, or just the light compatible version? Thinking of getting one of those (no light) for the P30, their Jewel holster also looks interesting, but is not available for the P30 yet.

My holster was the same way and I posted about it in this Thread #4 awhile back regarding a close call I had while chopping down a tree in my back yard. I had a twig fall down inside my button down shirt and right into the holster in the gap weaving through the trigger guard. One in a million I guess but scared the crap out of me as it was difficult to get the twig and out of the holster without possibly discharging the weapon. Must say holster was comfortable IWB even though I thought it wouldn't be.

Tom from Raven Concealment replied on page two of the thread to send it in. If you get a hold of them they will take care of you.

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    Not to derail, but are you saying you wouldn't recommend the Crown for IWB, or just the light compatible version? Thinking of getting one of those (no light) for the P30, their Jewel holster also looks interesting, but is not available for the P30 yet.
    Mine only has a TLR-3(very small light) so I don't think it's the light that's a problem. I think I just don't like anything IWB on the hip, and I'm not willing to carry behind the hip anymore after seeing the benefits of AIWB.

I think my opinion might be similar to Tamara's opinion(I think) about the Secret City Weaponeers K25(another kydex IWB holster). It's a big sheet of kydex, it just doesn't wrap around your waist the way leather does. Different strokes for different folks.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions and don't want to clutter the thread.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Pennzoil View Post
    My holster was the same way and I posted about it in this Thread #4 awhile back regarding a close call I had while chopping down a tree in my back yard. I had a twig fall down inside my button down shirt and right into the holster in the gap weaving through the trigger guard. One in a million I guess but scared the crap out of me as it was difficult to get the twig and out of the holster without possibly discharging the weapon. Must say holster was comfortable IWB even though I thought it wouldn't be.

Tom from Raven Concealment replied on page two of the thread to send it in. If you get a hold of them they will take care of you.
    I had completely forgotten about that thread. Sorry everyone for a similar post. Thank you very much pennzoil, I will attempt to contact them to ask them if my holster is within spec/safe. I appreciate it.

Oh and the holster is very comfortable worn at 3:30, I really didn't think it would be, but it is.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

User Tag List