Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Federal LE with an Accounting Degree?

Thanks very much for the thoughtful responses. One thing I perhaps neglected to mention in my intro (which in retrospect is rather important) is I probably wouldn't jump ship now with a year and a half of schooling left. My work defrays a significant portion of the tuition costs, so it'd financially prohibitive for me to do so other than perhaps a semester or so early and then, I'd be 37 anyway.

I think if this is something I intend to pursue, it would realistically need to be after graduation and via an option that does not have an age cut-off. I'd also need to square the inevitable pay decrease with taking care of an ever expanding family. Either way, much to reflect on.

It's been a long time so I hope people don't mind me bumping this back up. I just wanted to thank everyone for their input and giving me more options to look into (and generally let people know I didn't just ignore your posts). I got accepted into my MAcc program of choice and start my first real accounting internship this summer, so things are about as on track as they could be, considering I'm thinking about applying for SA 4-5 years out from now.

Due to serious myopia (<-15 diopters) my options for becoming a SA are pretty limited (I think maybe only the FBI, with 1 year of soft contact use?). We'll see what happens when we get there, but if not I'm interested in forensic accounting positions as well.
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 02-20-2018 at 11:45 AM.

User Tag List