Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WSJ - why does the IRS need guns

WSJ - why does the IRS need guns

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Indeed, why?
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Site Supporter
    So are we gonna do this again ?

Why do agents of XYZ need to be arrmed? Why do agents of XYZ need AR-15's.

IRS Special Agents are sworn law enforcement officers who investigate felony tax fraud and tax evasion. Is everyone they investigate an organized crime figure ? No. But you tell me what person reacts positively to potentially losing their money and / or their freedom? And how, EXACTLY do you tell with 100% accuracy which ones are going to break bad on you?

Sounds just like one of our local range owners He posts a bunch of sovereign citizen crap about how no federal agent should be armed, ever and how " if faced with violence they should call the local sheriff like any other citizen" then solicits my boss for us to pay to use his range for firearms training.

At least it's posted in Romper Room instead of the LE section.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-17-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Site Supporter
    I'm a cop but I think we have way too much LE in this country. Especially at the federal level. However I'm
    Not an Alex jones shake shifting reptilian conspiracy believer either.

Site Supporter
    IRS CI 1811s are sworn LEOs who conduct criminal investigations and execute search and arrest warrants.

They're armed for their own protection and for the public's, just like other LEOs here in the US. Why wouldn't they be armed?
    Last edited by Le Français; 06-17-2016 at 07:24 PM.

Yup. I am not a fan of the IRS, but their CID folks are pretty solid and indeed need to be armed for their mission.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Yup. I am not a fan of the IRS, but their CID folks are pretty solid and indeed need to be armed for their mission.
    Hmmm....how does one get into that...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

A far more important question is why do we need the IRS as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Indeed, why?
    Criminal investigators are authorized to carry firearms in the performance of their duties as they are investigating crime and enforcing criminal statutes.

What part needs clarification?
    Last edited by TGS; 06-17-2016 at 08:09 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Indeed, why?
    Because a cornered animal bites back hardest.

Folks who get caught slinging rock on MLK Blvd at 3am tend to expect what happens next, even if they don't want to get busted.

Folks who get caught embezzling millions from some unsuspecting company, trust, or public agency have more then just money on the line- their family life and reputation go down the tubes too.

A type-A stockbroker with a stellar community reputation on the hook for fraud might decide going out in a blaze of gunfire is preferable to professional humiliation and federal prison time.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List