Thread: 14.7 Rifle barrel is it SBR?

Question 14.7 Rifle barrel is it SBR?

Decided not to wait any longer to order my 9mm rifle. with building the rifle they offer a 14.7" barrel option, is this length going to require a tax stamp or should I just oder it with a 16" barrel . Thanks

Site Supporter
    It will require a tax stamp unless you permanently attach a flash hider or muzzle break to bring it to 16" total length.

Permanently attached = pinned and welded in place.

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    Decided not to wait any longer to order my 9mm rifle. with building the rifle they offer a 14.7" barrel option, is this length going to require a tax stamp or should I just oder it with a 16" barrel . Thanks
    If you're putting a stock on it, you'll need to find a muzzle device that'll take you over the 16", and then have it pinned/welded on.

ahh poop, ok thanks for the info. was thinking that as long as i made it to 16" WITHOUT PINNED AND WELDED I would be ok. My idea was 14.7" barrel with 1.5" muzzle brake threaded on would make me all legal like. was thinking that pinned and weld crap only applied to me when I lived on other side (NY).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    ahh poop, ok thanks for the info. was thinking that as long as i made it to 16" WITHOUT PINNED AND WELDED I would be ok. My idea was 14.7" barrel with 1.5" muzzle brake threaded on would make me all legal like. was thinking that pinned and weld crap only applied to me when I lived on other side (NY).
    No, federal law - anything with a stock below 16" for a rifle and 18" for a shotgun is subject to the NFA anywhere in the U.S.

To count as part of the barrel length, what ever you add must be "permenantly" attached.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-17-2016 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks for the info. everyone. Order placed with 16" barrel. In approximately 8-10 weeks the wait will be over and I will have my WC-AR9G.

User Tag List