Thread: Med classes in Vancouver area?

Med classes in Vancouver area?

I've got an old friend up in Vancouver, BC, who was expressing interest in an emergency trauma class a la Dark Angel or Lone Star. Any of you northern folks know of anything in that neck of the woods?
    Last edited by LHS; 06-17-2016 at 01:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    Looks like there is a Dark Star class in Yakima WA in early November. I was thinking I might go. Course, going to Yakima may require an emergency med class... (it's probably not that bad, but not high on my list of places to hang out....) Yakima is about 2 hours south east of Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Looks like there is a Dark Star class in Yakima WA in early November. I was thinking I might go. Course, going to Yakima may require an emergency med class... (it's probably not that bad, but not high on my list of places to hang out....) Yakima is about 2 hours south east of Seattle.
    Veeeery interesting (strokes chin, thoughtfully...)

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Yes, very interesting indeed.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Yakistan isn't that bad, just stay in the western part of the northern part of the valley... I may take that class but if you do I will have to fire up the grill and prepare the frosty beverages.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Insights... s/b...

...this Sunday.

Crap.

Maybe I should cancel my overtime...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Mike Shertz who is/was an Insights Instructor also has his own company. I did a three day TCCC class with him which was Insights/Crisis. Not cheap, but well worth the money IMO. He has a site that seems to indicate you can host him and there's a link to another site for some scheduled instances, though they're in Oregon which is perhaps a bit far away--and also I don't see a way to sign up.
    http://crisis-medicine.com/
    http://www.knightdefensellc.com/schedule.html
    Last edited by zacbol; 08-20-2016 at 01:50 AM.

May be more than a 2 hour drive in November, although the mountain passes don't usually close due to weather until later.
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Firearms Academy of Seattle has Emergency Treatment of Gunshot Wounds and Related Trauma coming up in October, followed the next day with Shot Placement and Considerations for Deadly Encounters.
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by zacbol View Post
    I can strongly recommend Knight Defense.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List