Thread: Aero Precision OEM vs Colt 6920 OEM2

Aero Precision OEM vs Colt 6920 OEM2

I was already planning on buying another 5.56 rifle, with all the crazy talk going on, it's only a matter of time before well we all see some crazy prices/law or whatever.

So quality wise is the colt 6920 OEM 2 worth $170 more out the door over the aero precision OEM, I already did a search and one of you brought up the fact that the smaller parts may not be the same quality as the competitors.

Any information positive negative whatever will help with my decision.
    Thanks ahead of time Guys!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by XXXsilverXXX View Post
    I was already planning on buying another 5.56 rifle, with all the crazy talk going on, it's only a matter of time before well we all see some crazy prices/law or whatever.

So quality wise is the colt 6920 OEM 2 worth $170 more out the door over the aero precision OEM, I already did a search and one of you brought up the fact that the smaller parts may not be the same quality as the competitors.

Any information positive negative whatever will help with my decision.
    Thanks ahead of time Guys!
    Colt - hands down.

It may have been me. The stuff Aero makes themselves (receivers, scope mounts and barrels). Are good to go but I don't know where they are sourcing their small parts and BCG etc.

There have been issues with these in their .308 OEM guns.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Colt - hands down.

It may have been me. The stuff Aero makes themselves (receivers, scope mounts and barrels). Are good to go but I don't know where they are sourcing their small parts and BCG etc.

There have been issues with these in their .308 OEM guns.
    I heard the lower parts kits are all good to go but to be weary of their upper stuff. I have a lower by them and it seems fine.

This is not a Colt OEM2, but it is one heck of a deal. A LE6920-OEM1 for $800 with installed furniture, and the dealer has 24 in-stock as of this post. For that price, you can toss the furniture and still be okay. That is an amazing price for what one gets.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/colt-le69....html?___SID=U

A Colt 6920 or the "pencil" barrel version (my preference) the 6720, or the FN ( Fabrique Nationale) equivalent would be the top two choices before the Aero.

Both Colt and FN have a long history of producing an excellent product for our armed forces.

Not sure what Technical Data Package FNUSA uses for carbines and rifles for the general public.

Don't leave out DANIEL Defense which makes the Mk18 for the USG, too. They do have "Mil-Spec +" variants for sale, too.

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Not sure what Technical Data Package FNUSA uses for carbines and rifles for the general public.

Don't leave out DANIEL Defense which makes the Mk18 for the USG, too. They do have "Mil-Spec +" variants for sale, too.

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."
    My understanding is FN is prohibited (contractually) from using the TDP on their commercial guns.

The only Aero Precision problems I'm aware of are with the 308.
    Last edited by Paul Blackburn; 06-25-2016 at 06:54 PM.

User Tag List