Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rats in the attic

I would say that the gun answer is out of the question. But I used 22 shot shells for the squirrel problem I had in my house. Shot 8 of those things over two nights after I sealed up all entrance holes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just had an issue with rats coming in from the bar across the street. We got back from a week long vacation at the beach and they were everywhere. Like you said, seal up any place they can get in or out from. Make sure to use steel mesh or screening as they will chew through most anything else. We just used mouse trap style traps, just bigger and stronger. Twice we had to finish them off as the traps didn't get them right. We just used either leftover bagels, chicken nuggets, or whatever was on the kids' menu that day and it seemed to work. After we got about 6 all together we haven't seen them again, but I still keep some traps set in the basement and kitchen just in case. Sucks to have to deal with, but to spin a positive out of it I can say we cleaned the crap out of our house and got rid of some stuff that we were holding onto for no real reason. Any ways, good luck killing all the little bastards

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That sucks. Rats are really tough to get rid of unless you can eliminate the food source. Professionals are probably your best bet. Otherwise you could...

That's a nice looking Benjamin. Put an optic on it and we would have the Clusterfrack Special.

JR1572

Needs a comp. I have the same gun, including the faux MoP grips.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Faux mother of pearl makes it look like a cheap switchblade. I like it!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Faux mother of pearl makes it look like a cheap switchblade. I like it!
    Rat season here starts late summer. Come over sometime for a hunt. I'd like to see you take one out with a shiruken.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Rat season here starts late summer. Come over sometime for a hunt. I'd like to see you take one out with a shiruken.
    Oh hell yeah, I'd like to see that too. I have one shuriken left from childhood, and Andy and Bax is right down the street from me and I'm sure they got my shurikens covered. Plus, I have the Cold Steel Assegai (long), a barong, and a Cold Steel Big Bore blowgun with an assload of darts.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Just get a snake. Put it in the wall. No cat issues to deal with.

Also, I hear that a humidifier works well...the issue is getting one to fall just right on top of the rat. Works like a charm when it does work though.

Finally, I have blow-gunned many a mouse to death. Now that I live in a properly built house, all of the above is in the past. (fingers crossed)

I can't believe you don't already own a suppressor.

I had an issue with mice earlier this year. I could not believe it but the "modern mouse"
    is capable of licking peanut butter off of the traditional spring loaded mouse traps! I used
    different brands but the result was the same (well some of the mice would not eat the
    peanut butter but preferred blue cheese). I was finally able to solve my issues by crazy
    gluing peanuts to the traps.

User Tag List