Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Free Pistol/Carbine Clinic for Veterans -- Friday 11-Nov [Culpeper, VA]

We are diminished
    Just to echo Jack, thanks very much to everyone who came out. It was an honor to spend the day with you all and I certainly had a lot of fun.

Thanks also to the range owner who graciously donated his facility for the day and to SKD Tactical for the prizes we gave out at the end of the day.

Finally, thank you to TCinVA, joshs, JV, and JSantoro for volunteering to help out all day long. Thanks to them we were able to give each participant a lot more personal one-on-one attention and keep both the admin and shooting parts of the class running smoothly.

We will definitely do this again next year!

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Finally, thank you to TCinVA, joshs, JV, and JSantoro for volunteering to help out all day long. Thanks to them we were able to give each participant a lot more personal one-on-one attention and keep both the admin and shooting parts of the class running smoothly.
    Absolutely a huge thank-you to the volunteers that came out to help.
    You all were invaluable and appreciated.
    As accurate as needed, as fast as possible, as many times as it takes.
    -F2S Consulting LLC-

it was indeed awesome in every possible way.

many thanks, gents.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Thanks to Todd, Jack, and everyone else who gave of their time and resources to make this happen. It was an awesome class.

Thanks again to ToddG and F2S for putting this class together, as well as a big thanks to all the assistant instructors. I had a blast. There's absolutely nothing else I would have rather spent my veterans day doing. Maybe next year my wife will authorize me to to make it to dinner as well afterwards. It was great meeting, and shooting with everyone.

Just wanted to give thanks and recap the days events

I really appreciated the Free Pistol/Carbine Clinic for Veterans. I have been following the web site for a little while now purely for some pistol marksmanship education. I saw and inquired about this clinic the day before Veterans Day and Mr. ToddG without hesitation sent me the details and thanked me for my service.

So I arrived in the morning with the understanding that the Carbine clinic would be conducted during the first half of the day. I don’t own an m4 (yet anyway) but I was so eager to check out the pistol clinic I didn’t mind hanging out. So I am standing around hanging out and TCinVA realizes that I didn’t have a weapon and offers me his weapon along with plenty of ammo. I really feel in debt to you sir. You didn’t know me from Adam I haven’t contributed to the forum at all so it’s not like I had some kind a rapport. So again thanks! I would also like to thank the gentleman who also gave me ammo and spot on instruction during the drills. I look forward to attending the basic pistol training course you conducting in the near future. I got out the military in Mar 06 so it’s been a while since I handled an m4 so I had a lot of fun and the instructor Jack from F2S impressed me with his handling of the m4!

We conducted the pistol clinic after lunch and it was a blast! I had a total of approx. 1,000 total rounds down range as far as handgun experience. I had never shot outdoors, never shot steel targets, never shot on the move, never shot in front of a crowd and never attempted any shooting drill with or without time. So I was to say the least a bit intimidated. As I recall for the first 10 minutes I felt and probably looked like a never touched a handgun in my life. But the instructors constantly pointed out what errors and fundamental break downs. And toward the end of the clinic I settled in a little bit had fun and learned a lot I can apply to my goals of progression in the future.

Finally I would like to say after Mr. Todd G I came into the class just wanting to shoot some rounds down range but I must say you and your crew left in impression on me; genuinely classy down to earth and guys with a passion for pistol training. Thanks for the experience and all the hard work you put into this field.

Wayne D. Austin II

Todd, F2S, happy to help, any time. It helps fill up time in my empty shell of a life.

Let's do it again!

Wayne, that was me, along with TCinVA, that fed you beans for your boomstick to eat. You have my card, so don't hesitate to contact me with that email or cell# in regard to training, either directly or helping find something to suit your needs. You've got quite a few options you can exercise.

JMS thanks again for the help and ammo. I will be getting In touch with you soon. What date was the Dec. course in Fredericksburg?

Taken to PMs.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Wayne - Happy to be of assistance, sir. I brought the rifle and the ammo just to make sure that we had enough weapons and ammo for everybody to participate. I'm glad you got to spend some time working under the instruction of Jack and Jim. They're both fantastic instructors.

Thank you to everyone who came out and made the day a success. I think we had a lot of fun and despite a lot of logistical snafus that limited the amount of instruction time, folks still came away having learned enough to help them improve. That's a win in my book.

I thought Jack did a superb job with his block of carbine instruction. With an extremely limited amount of time he managed to condense the most important stuff you need to know about running a carbine to fit into the time he had and still gave the students plenty of trigger time. By the time he was done folks who hadn't had much carbine training were bringing weapons up from a low ready and putting rounds into a 3x5 card at speed from quite a ways away. A skill that could be somewhat useful for those who are interested in using the carbine as a tool of serious social interaction.

He also managed to coin a phrase that I think may become our unofficial motto at PF.com: Getting good hits as fast as you can is a pretty good tactic.

Jack's experience as an instructor showed clearly even in the brief time he had to present on Vet's day. I wouldn't hesitate to sign up for a class with him.

User Tag List