Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We have 40sw ammo so why the watered down 10mm?

Watching the forum police itself is refreshing.

Thank you.

damnit I showed up late.. bye splat.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 06-16-2016 at 12:40 PM.

I appreciate this forum !

I can learn rather than watch monkeys through poo at each other.

Watching gel blocks jiggle is no more a way to determine "stopping power" than moist harlots throwing scimitars at people is a way to choose a form of government.
    Last edited by Chuck Haggard; 06-16-2016 at 02:44 PM.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Watching gel blocks jiggle is no more a way to determine "stopping power" than moist harlots throwing scimitars at people is a way to choose a form of government.
    I hear they put you away for telling people such things. But then again, I have a feeling that system would work better for us than our current political system here in the states...

I'm actually a big fan of the 10mm cartridge, not as a duty or concealed carry round, but as a back country, woodsman knock around gun. However, I'm thinking about closeting myself as a 10mm aficionado, less I get categorized with all the other derpsters out there.

I've had the discussion a couple of times that the 10mm offers nothing extra as an anti-felon round, when compared to modern, barrier blind rounds, and in fact is at a handicap because of recoil, lack of bullets designed for the cartrdige, etc. Then folks point out how much the blocks jump, and start talking about "energy dump" and I remember that I'm wasting my time.

Wait. I agree on gel blocks, but I haven't heard about this moist-harlots-throwing-scimitars idea before and I think we might want to consider it more carefully before discarding it.

If nothing else, my bet is that the TV ratings would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Wait. I agree on gel blocks, but I haven't heard about this moist-harlots-throwing-scimitars idea before and I think we might want to consider it more carefully before discarding it.

If nothing else, my bet is that the TV ratings would be awesome.
    I believe it is "moistened bint"

Last edited by Lester Polfus; 06-16-2016 at 03:38 PM.

In many threads, for a number of years, we have been discussing the concepts of:

1) semi-auto field pistols

2) appropriate penetrating loads/bullets for field pistols

3) and experiences with how these field loads function

A difference, is we have many LE organizations testing JHP duty loads and duty firearms, which provides a deep data base of gel testing, people testing, and platform reliability data. We don't have that happening to the same extent for field pistols, because compared to LE, there are fewer people using semi-auto pistols for field use, there is a wade variety of ammo that folks carry, and not enough of it gets shot to have good reliability data. Plus, not a lot of bears have been shot in the skull with these pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Watching .....jiggle......
    Chuck, I like things that jiggle

User Tag List