Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What are your DIY stippling tips/tricks?

I stippled the 43. Not bad for a 10 dollar investment in the OTD waffle tip. I undercut the trigger guard also.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2483
Size:  96.5 KB

Looks decent. I think, looking at it in use now, that if I used mine I would wanna fillet the face slightly to lessen the border on the tip.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Looks decent. I think, looking at it in use now, that if I used mine I would wanna fillet the face slightly to lessen the border on the tip.
    That would probably be a good idea. You do see a of of the border. I think he makes them that way to reduce the chance of overpenetration. It's definitely not a Cold Bore or a Jarvis job but I'm happy with it, and 10 bucks instead of 200 makes me really happy with it.

Yeah... Saving $190, shipping, and hassle for 100% of the function is pretty solid.

Makes me wanna grab a 17 to fucks with, or if I wind up with a 320 like I think will happen I can fiddle with that.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Yeah... Saving $190, shipping, and hassle for 100% of the function is pretty solid.

Makes me wanna grab a 17 to fucks with, or if I wind up with a 320 like I think will happen I can fiddle with that.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    I would definitely feel way more at ease knowing if I screwed up on a 320 I could just get another grip module. But I'm too heavily invested in Glocks to consider a platform change.

Does anyone carry a stipples gun against their bare skin? I've held them and loved the feel but always wondered if it would rub you raw after a day of carrying it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyman1876 View Post
    Does anyone carry a stipples gun against their bare skin? I've held them and loved the feel but always wondered if it would rub you raw after a day of carrying it around.
    I do and don't mind it at all. Part of the reason I stippled it is because I carry against the skin and its freakin hot in AZ so chances are if I have to draw there is going to be sweat on the grip. With the factory grip the gun was slippery as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    I do and don't mind it at all. Part of the reason I stippled it is because I carry against the skin and its freakin hot in AZ so chances are if I have to draw there is going to be sweat on the grip. With the factory grip the gun was slippery as shit.
    Just the answer I was looking for, thanks Jay.

I've ran rubber Talon grips for a little while now and they're great when your hands are dry but if they get any moister on them it's like trying to grip a wet fish. I've been leaning towards stippling for a while now and you're pushing me even closer. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyman1876 View Post
    Yes, I've got my 320c on right now. The trick is to go light on the stippling and gently sand sharp spots with fine grit polishing paper.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    And/or wear a wicking t shirt.

User Tag List