Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream duty set up...

Dream duty set up...

The LE sub-forum can get a little heavy sometimes so I thought this could be fun as it's a little brain-dump. I'll be returning to patrol work in about a month and am fortunate to be working for a place where pretty much any modern service pistol is acceptable and selection of equipment is very much up to the officer. I'm certainly not new to this stuff (16 years on the job) but would be curious what some of you might choose as a fun brain-dump. Long gun (Colt 6720) will be in the take-home and all the other equipment. This is just the 'on-me' stuff.

For me it'll probably be the following:

Glock 17, sights undecided, and still not certain if I'll do a WML. I ran one for years, absolutely do it with SWAT, but still not 100% convinced it's necessary on the uniform gun. Still thinking this over...

Federal 147 HST (supplied)

Safariland 7TS duty mid-ride in basketweave (required)

Three spare mags (OEM factory mags, may add extended base plates but haven't decided I need THAT much ammo)

Safariland triple mag pouch

SureFire 6P with LED head mounted (may replace with the Fury, but it's a lucky charm...)

S&W 642 in the new Wilderness ankle rig (taken over from Renegade) with the added speed strip slot

Taser (Supplied)

O/C (Supplied)

Straight wood baton

Victorinox multi tool

Torniquet (Supplied)

Pencils (cause winter) and pens

Rite in the rain pad

Two sets of cuffs

Cuff keys

Also contemplating an ankle med kit for an extra HALO / tourniquet etc.

What's on YOUR duty belt?
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Nyeti"

Most recently, a Bianchi Accumold Elite duty belt
    2 cuffs in double cuff pouch
    Surefire 9p in Surefire holster
    Safariland 6360 holster for G17Gen4
    keyring
    another keyring, but enclosed
    tourniquet & pouch
    radio holder
    baton ring
    Asp baton & holder
    OC spray & pouch
    Safariland dual "Slimline" open top mag carrier
    (4) keepers spaced as needed
    Most everything in basketweave as required.
    Last edited by L-2; 06-14-2016 at 10:21 PM.

This is my set up for patrol, I've been running this one for the past three years at my current agency. At my prior agency I had a similar setup but had some extra gear that was required (OC etc) and had to wear high gloss leather.

Belt- Jones tactical 2" duty belt
    Surefire (older model v80?!?) flashlight holster with surefire g2x with a clicky tail cap and Raven pocket clip
    Zak tool key ring
    Safariland 6360 holster with my Gen 4 Glock 34 with Surefire X300U-A
    Eleven10 CAT tq holder with TQ
    Two single bianchi mag pouches with S&W mod 100 chain cuffs (M&P series with a keyless double lock)
    Motorola APX 6000 radio with a Motorola radio holder
    Blue Force Gear belt minus low M4 mag pouch
    Tazer X2 in the bladetech holster it comes with set up cross draw
    Safariland triple mag pouch.

I carry an ankle med kit, a surefire E1b in a pocket, an emerson Kershaw folder, and a benchmade folder on my persons as well for the tools part.

Don't forget some flex cuffs/ leg restraints and a hobble -if allowed. I would have a second identical flashlight and maybe a micro-light, oh and extra mags-in-the-bag. Fun stuff! Be safe!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

These are always interesting threads to me. Thanks for starting this!
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Excluding your long gun, what do you guys estimate that your regular (pistol belt, bug, etc.) kit weighs?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I just want a taser shotgun....that's all...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I wear an external carrier so the only things that are on my belt (Jones Tactical duty belt and an Ares gear duty belt) are two mag pouches (HSGI double pistol with the belt wrap option) a holster, and my OC in a Bianchi nylon pouch. The rest of my stuff including my Taser are mounted to the MOLLE on my carrier.

I highly recommend HSGIs belt wrap pouches. I've run the HSGI handcuff pouches and the mag pouches, they both work fantastically on a patrol belt. I haven't tried their radio pouch but it looks good too.

Left to right on belt:

Safariland double mag pouch w/ 2 18 round mags

Taser X2 set up for a support hand draw in a (gag) Slerpa holster (being remedied; we just switched from X26s)

Rifle Taco with handheld light (Fury or a Gladius in there currently) and nitrile gloves beneath (or a carbine mag if the rifle is deployed)

Rifle Taco for Motorola XTS 2500

Collapsible baton in a Bianchi pouch

Gerber 600 multitool

Safariland 6360 ALS/SLS holster on a QLS fork

Safariland double cuff pouch with 2x Peerless chained cuffs

Safariland OC pouch + OC

Top row:

P239 magazine and a Tourniquet (both live in a BDU pocket daily)

Comptac Minotaur holster + Sig 239 (AIWB at 1230)

Sig 226R with an X300U

Not pictured: P'kal or Emerson folder, E1B, cuff keys, Cold Steel Safe Maker II

Starting to see a trend of x300...

User Tag List