Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picked Up a C39V2

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yugo AKs are worth a look but you need to do your research. QC varies over time.
    The current PAP's seem to have heat treat issues. I dumped both OPAPs. Rifle one showed excessive wear for the round count.

I like Arsenal. There was a shipment of 107's that came in that missed parkerizing and are rusting on their owners. My current go to rifles are SAM7SF's.

The latest batch of WASRs were pretty good. The wood sucks but easily replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Vending Machine Operator
    Is there an equivalent of Glocks or the Colt LE6920 in the AK world? Steady, reliable, quality controlled new production?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Is there an equivalent of Glocks or the Colt LE6920 in the AK world? Steady, reliable, quality controlled new production?

Arsenal and the Romanian WASR (if inspected). I have an older, reworked, WASR and two M+M M10-762's. The run fine.

Arsenal has been park'd under their shit paint forever. All of a sudden guns started showing up not parked and the shit paint bubbled up during mag dumps. AKOU had it happen to test gun. Handful of followers posted similar.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter

What Hizzie said plus DDI - one of the principals of DDI is Troy Sellars, who was a very well regarded custom AK builder doing business for years as Inrange Inc.

https://youtu.be/AW2XimHGyJQ

https://youtu.be/BCgKyKkAQZI

https://youtu.be/B6P-3TIrVT0

https://youtu.be/xDogrliUcb4

Vending Machine Operator

Picked Up a C39V2

That DDI at the Atlantic link isn't priced badly at all, either. Hm.

Learning a lot here, the AK world is essentially brand new to me. Thanks.

Last edited by LockedBreech; 06-15-2016 at 12:50 AM.

*RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    As Hizzie noted, the AK world is pretty unstable - availability and quality control vary greatly. Not just brand to brand but from one production run to another.

For example, when we talk about current "yugo"guns we are usually talking about complete guns built in Yugoslavia as single stack magazine guns, converted to take standard AK mags after importation. Similar to the Romanian WASR guns.

I have a 10 year old Yugo which is technically a Century arms - The gun was a yugo AK parts kit assembled on a US-made receiver for century by an outside contractor. This particular gun is pretty good, but that does not mean that all century guns are all you go guns are good quality.

The only consistent element over the years is that anything built in the house by century or modified a mouse by century will generally have Inconsistent quality control. Some of the guns are just fine and some look like they were built by drunken monkey. There are two ways to avoid problems with these guns. One is to find a dealer with multiple guns in stock and carefully inspect several of them for defects until you find a "good one". A.k.operators union has an excellent video on YouTube describing what to look for when inspecting an AK.If you are ordering a gun sight unseen it is well worth spending a couple bucks for the Atlantic firearms QC inspected guns.

Sad that a parts kit build is better than new, current production. I had an older M70AB2 yugo build from Century. Solid gun. I was shocked to see the wear on my OPAP. The new Zastava is not what it once was. I have an old Interarms Whitworth in 458WM. Very well built Mauser from the old Zastava.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Vending Machine Operator

Picked Up a C39V2

Was able to get out of the C39V2. Thanks for saving me from a gamble gun.

Last edited by LockedBreech; 06-15-2016 at 02:51 PM.

Was able to get out of the C39V2. Thanks for saving me from a gamble gun.

Awesome! Now go grab one of those DDI AKs and run the crap out of it and report back.

User Tag List