Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Comp vs Micro for AR

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Guys, if you're thinking Micro, think T-2 or H-2. Entirely new optics package, new emitter, new housing and optimized for use with a magnifier. (And Aimpoint has a new 3X commercial magnifier that MSRPs around $300 now). The T-2 is the best thing we're doing right now. If not a Micro, then the PRO, which I think is about the best performance sight at that price point that can be had. Feel free to PM Nyeti or I for any help on Aimpoint.
    Wayne, I have been feeling a h-2 but should I just save up more to get a T-2 to work with a magnifier?

Site Supporter
    You don't have to do that. The T-2 is NV capable and the H-2 isn't. But....I think it's better to get the T-2 and its NV capability. We're just a few years from very affordable NV devices and the extra $70 or so dollars will be money well spent.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Setting aside cost, how does the T-2 compare to the CompM4? I see the following:

1) CompM4 is more durable/robust against rough handling than the T-2.
    2) T-2 is lighter and smaller.
    3) CompM4 has larger FOV due to larger tube.
    4) CompM4 uses any AA. T-2 uses CR2032.
    5) CompM4 controls are better shielded than T-2.

Is that accurate? Missing anything?

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    With my astigmatism, I have less distortion from the new micro T2 and H2 that make them well worth the upgrade for me over the older models. I am personally to cheap to buy NV unlike others here so I went with the H2 We have many models in stock and can get one shipped out today if anyone is interested.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

I have 7 Aimpoint PRO's and see no need to go to any of their more expensive units except the T-2 if you want micro

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Guys, if you're thinking Micro, think T-2 or H-2. Entirely new optics package, new emitter, new housing and optimized for use with a magnifier. (And Aimpoint has a new 3X commercial magnifier that MSRPs around $300 now). The T-2 is the best thing we're doing right now. If not a Micro, then the PRO, which I think is about the best performance sight at that price point that can be had. Feel free to PM Nyeti or I for any help on Aimpoint.
    The cost of the various mini-dots from Aimpoint is probably tough to swallow for a lot of people. H1s at $625, H2s at $710 (although the T2 seems to be the same price?) , but I'd be inclined to agree with going witht he "2" models. What I'd really like to see is a micro "Pro".

In the meantime, I think the PRO is the way to go for first-time buyers. $450, includes serviceable mount, and the bigger tube is more forgiving of head position ("FOV" is meaningless in RDs IMO). That optic on a 6920 Magpul is my recommendation for first-time buyers right now since both will still have a use to even the future intelligentsia of shooting when they go full 1.x-Y on the boutique KAC or Hodge or whatever.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    What I'd really like to see is a micro "Pro"
    Patience.....
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    The cost of the various mini-dots from Aimpoint is probably tough to swallow for a lot of people. H1s at $625, H2s at $710 (although the T2 seems to be the same price?) , but I'd be inclined to agree with going witht he "2" models. What I'd really like to see is a micro "Pro".

In the meantime, I think the PRO is the way to go for first-time buyers. $450, includes serviceable mount, and the bigger tube is more forgiving of head position ("FOV" is meaningless in RDs IMO). That optic on a 6920 Magpul is my recommendation for first-time buyers right now since both will still have a use to even the future intelligentsia of shooting when they go full 1.x-Y on the boutique KAC or Hodge or whatever.
    I used to think that the Aimpoints were expensive, but then I looked at what I pay for scopes from companies with Aimpoint's reputation and service. When viewed through that prism, $850 for a CompM4 and a decent mount is a pretty good deal.

I am hesitant to purchase Aimpoint through Amazon as some people have reported receiving knock-offs when ordering through Amazon. I rather buy from a dedicated dealer, like the one in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I used to think that the Aimpoints were expensive, but then I looked at what I pay for scopes from companies with Aimpoint's reputation and service. When viewed through that prism, $850 for a CompM4 and a decent mount is a pretty good deal.

I am hesitant to purchase Aimpoint through Amazon as some people have reported receiving knock-offs when ordering through Amazon. I rather buy from a dedicated dealer, like the one in this thread.
    I'm just using Amazon as a same/same pricing comparison.

I get what you're saying re: RDS vs conventional scopes, but $700+ is a hard pill to swallow compared to the $450 for the PRO.

Site Supporter
    If you shop and or wait for sales you can find PRO's between $350 and $400. One of my co-workers bought one last year for $365.

User Tag List