Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Comp vs Micro for AR

Aimpoint Comp vs Micro for AR

For general shooting mostly 100 yards and under, and the odd steel plate past that, what is a better option for the 5.56 AR? Does the wider view of the comp help in any way?

They essentially offer identical performance at the ranges you mention.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Flux, if you're really getting after it on the transitions the bigger FOV out of the Comp might do you a little better. I've had both on my ARs for mil and civ rifle compeitions, I see slightly better times with the big tube on the transitions and close stuff. Honestly though if that's not your concern, the difference is so negligible I'd go with whatever is the best price.
    " The true Soldier fights not because what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

Quote Originally Posted by BES View Post
    Flux, if you're really getting after it on the transitions the bigger FOV out of the Comp might do you a little better. I've had both on my ARs for mil and civ rifle compeitions, I see slightly better times with the big tube on the transitions and close stuff. Honestly though if that's not your concern, the difference is so negligible I'd go with whatever is the best price.
    I found I shot my pro a litttlllleee bit better over the H1 but not enough to matter.

Shooting the Accelerator, using both eyes open, I felt the T1 was faster for me, as the 30mm tube blocked more stuff down range as I was transitioning. If you close or squint one eye, I think the 30mm tube would be an advantage for wider FOV through the tube.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks will get the H1 .

I think the T2 is worth a look. It has a slight brown tint to the lens which is a lot better than the obnoxious blue tint that the T1s had. I think the T2 is clearer than the Comp M4. I have a couple of T2s, but I'm only good out to a hundred yards or so with 'em as I have astigmatism and the nice 2MOA dot is about an 8MOA blob that changes shape.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I felt the T1...

GJM... I'm disappointed. You should know better than that!**

** see doc's sig line.
    Last edited by Luke; 07-06-2016 at 07:07 PM.
    i used to wannabe

I have used the T1 and the comp M4s at various carbine courses, and not found a preference for one over the other. I did find a preference for dumping almost 10oz off my rifle with the T1, though. A LPV, however, is "worth the weight" IMO, due to clarity, magnification option, and etched reticle and adjustable diopter for varying eye conditions/people in many cases, though. The Comp M4s? If you are deploying to some 3rd world pest-hole where batteries don't exist, yeah, THAT is the way to go if you must have a RDS, but here in America, even a post Civil War II America, there will still be TONS of watches and key-fobs laying around that have CR2032's in 'em. Probably a more popular battery than the AA, because most things that take CR2032 are, by nature, very low drain, and much less "typical utility" than things that take AA's, like walkie-talkies, flashlights, you know... So even if zombie apocalypse fantasy is your thing, the T1/2 might actually hold a realistic advantage.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 07-08-2016 at 04:32 AM.

Guys, if you're thinking Micro, think T-2 or H-2. Entirely new optics package, new emitter, new housing and optimized for use with a magnifier. (And Aimpoint has a new 3X commercial magnifier that MSRPs around $300 now). The T-2 is the best thing we're doing right now. If not a Micro, then the PRO, which I think is about the best performance sight at that price point that can be had. Feel free to PM Nyeti or I for any help on Aimpoint.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List