Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ 805 Bren

CZ 805 Bren

Is anyone here running one? I'm seriously considering buying one in a couple months, ( I already have 3 AR's) and was wanting something a little different. I understand they're largely based on FN's scar, but with a few improvements, anyway, what I can find out from digging around the internet, I've yet to find a bad thing said about them. Local shop can give me a good price on one when I'm ready to buy.

MAC did a video on one recently. Looks like a nice rifle but I can't afford one. I over-extended myself just buying an M&P15.

I have one in pistol form (waiting for my stamp to come back). I've only put two mags through it to function test before sending off the Form 1. Recoil is light, everything about it is super smooth and well built. It is heavy, but like you, I have lots of ARs and wanted something different. I think it is a quality firearm for the money.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

They seem nice. And the R&D that went in to making them work with AR mags was ridiculous... But, it's an AR15 world. If you want one, get it. They will stand behind it. I wouldn't count on it being brought into the country much longer, though.

Well, for one, there's already a CZ 806 Bren, which is supposed to be an improvement upon the 805: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...assault-rifle/

Last edited by Default.mp3; 06-15-2016 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Well, for one, there's already a CZ 806 Bren, which is supposed to be an improvement upon the 805: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...assault-rifle/

I've read that article before, Does anybody know if the 806 will be imported? If given the choice I'd take it first, but, I would'nt turn down a 805 either...

Site Supporter
    Awaken the zombies - curious if anybody has had time with the 805. Looks like a scar in design, but dramatically more affordable. It popped up on my radar after CZ sent LEO/MIL price sheet my way (contact them if you're .mil or a first responder, some prices are very nice).

I'm hesitant to be an early adopter of anything, but this might have me questioning that rational in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Awaken the zombies - curious if anybody has had time with the 805. Looks like a scar in design, but dramatically more affordable. It popped up on my radar after CZ sent LEO/MIL price sheet my way (contact them if you're .mil or a first responder, some prices are very nice).

I'm hesitant to be an early adopter of anything, but this might have me questioning that rational in a year.
    The Bren 805 has been out for a while and seems to have gotten pretty good reviews. It's one of those situations where if you are already set up with the AR platform it might not be worth the switch to the 805 as it isn't going to do anything dramatically different than the AR. If you WANT it then go for it. But the 806 is supposed to be on the horizon.

I'm saving up for the 806.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If CZ was releasing 308 conversions for it I would already have one. But since I cant find ANY intent to do so, Ill pass. Its just to heavy for a 5.56 IMO.

User Tag List