Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KBAR TDI

KBAR TDI

What's the general consensus on this thing?

I've been looking into a small fixed blade knife to carry as a last resort type weapon. For $40 this seems hard to beat. Is my money better spent elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I carried one on duty LE for a while until my command staff decreed that folders were okay but fixed blades were not.

Carried it behind my magazines on my belt, I am a bit overweight but I felt it was comfortable enough. If you are like me and have little to no knife fighting training, I think it will do just fine for what it is designed for.

Well designed for what it is, easy to use with standard old punching techniques, can be used as a utility knife in a pinch.

Downside is that the sheath is rather insecure, and easy to spot, and IMHO anyone actually wearing this thing behind a duty belt is at minimum kidding themselves, at worst setting themselves up to get the shit stabbed out of them by their own knife. Hence why I carry mine in a weak side pocket and draw it as one would draw a pocket pistol.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Good to go. Will post pix later.

Ive carried one daily at work for years and used it on occasion.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

It is a wonder I survived!

Quote Originally Posted by tanner View Post
    It is a wonder I survived!
    You may not have worked on how easy it is to take one of the TDIs from someone under the pressure of a grapple and not even know the guy has it untill you get stabbed with it.
    Last edited by Chuck Haggard; 06-13-2016 at 09:24 PM.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    I got a Watson Magni and Small Bowie in Titanium that I use daily. I also had a pikal, I could not get used to the reverse edge so I sold it.

Watson knives are sized to get work done and conceal in a pocket with sheaths that are tight and solid. One as a neck knife or mounted on a pocket shield in a pocket is my solid choice.

It's decent for $40 though I am more partial to a straighter knife such as an Izula or other similar blade in the price range. Expand things a bit and the Clinch Pick falls into favor.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Purpose designed tool. OEM sheath is utter shit. Poor retention and no concealment. Aftermarket options exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Purpose designed tool. OEM sheath is utter shit. Poor retention and no concealment. Aftermarket options exist.
    I've been looking up aftermarket sheaths and there are a few good options. They run about as much as the knife so I'm really looking at $80 total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List