Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The old-school ways?

The old-school ways?

I started in the early 80's. The old heads were sad to see the old days were gone. When auntie would call an say her jojo was back talking her an wouldn't do what she said. So the old heads would find jojo kick his ass an take jojo back to auntie were auntie would tell jojo if he don't straighten up she'll call the cops so they can do it again.

When I started assholes got their ass's kicked cause they were assholes and took their ass kicking cause they knew they were assholes. The assholes that learned that lesson were all "yessir, no sir".

I was trained;

We always stop thugs running and asked them "what did you steal."

We always asked thugs "do you work?" "Were do you stay."

All thugs carry knives. We always take the thugs knives. At one point in time the glove box of my car was full of cheap knives I had taken off thugs.

We didn't call them thugs back then. We called them what today is labeled inappropriate racially charged names but the same derogatory names we were called back then are the same names they use today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by serialsolver; 06-14-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    I started in the early 80's. The old heads were sad to see the old days were gone. When auntie would call an say her jojo was back talking her an wouldn't do what she said. So the old heads would find jojo kick his ass an take jojo back to auntie were auntie would tell jojo if he don't straighten up she'll call the cops so they can do it again.

When I started assholes got their ass's kicked cause they were assholes and took their ass kicking cause they knew they were assholes. The assholes that learned that lesson were all "yessir, no sir".

I was trained;

We always stop thugs running and asked them "what did you steal."

We always asked thugs "do you work?" "Were do you stay."

All thugs carry knives. We always take the thugs knives. At one point in time the glove box of my car was full of cheap knives I had taken off thugs.

We didn't call them thugs back then. We called them what today is labeled inappropriate racially charged names but the same derogatory names we were called back then are the same names they use today.

This explains this random cloth sack of various pocket and folding knives that I found in my step-grandfathers safe... (for those who don't know he was an old-school SFPD mounted police officer). He isn't with us and I never actually got to meet him, sadly. It sucks, especially these days with my interest in an LE career.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Some old school things I recall doing myself:

1. Telling assholes to leave my town and meaning it.
    2. Telling assholes they couldn't come on my beat and arresting them if they did.
    3. Loading up an asshole on foot and "deporting" him miles up the road.
    4. Being pissed off when you caught an officer from "miles up the road" dropping off an asshole from their locale in YOURS.
    5. Routinely choking resistant suspects unconscious....like every week.
    6. Hitting resistant suspects with a flashlight...a lot.
    7. Farting over the primary channel on the radio.
    8. Chasing everybody who ran from you until you caught them or crashed out.
    9. Not being worried about how you verbally responded to assholes.
    One of the great joys of a dead night-shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    LWT16 that sounds like a handler who's really confident his dog knows Officers and will run by them or one who didn't care if a rookie got bit.
    No, he didn't care at all if that big headed rott took a chunk out of me.

I remember being mid strike and looking up and thinking "Oh, this was a dumb move" just about eye to eye with that doggie.

When I started in LE in the late '70's, we used to be able to kick the crap out of intoxicated fools who tried to fight, cuff and stuff them in the back of a radio car, literally drag them from the jail sally port to the drunk tank, uncuff, remove property and leave them in a heap on the floor. We'd book for drunk in public on a single page check the box form and they'd get kicked out of jail when they sobered up. Done. By the time I retired over 10 years ago, you couldn't even bring them in the back door without a medical clearance which usually took several hours on a good night at the ER. Not to mention the use of force reporting, photos and other paperwork.
    Last edited by LtDave; 06-15-2016 at 09:18 PM.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Yeah I remember the days of no medical clearance. There was the dunk that ran from the cops, wrecked out, fought an went to jail. In the jail drunk started complaining about hurting. Since jailist is so common the turn keys didn't believe him. So when the drunk tells the turn key to call him an ambulance, the turn key replied "your an ambulance" and left the drunk. The drunk later died cause he ruptured something in the wreck.

I think the old school ways had more street justice. I remember one night we had some guys terrorizing our district. A lot of road rage calls, criminal mischief, just a car load of guys being assholes. All we had was a vague vehicle description. Well we found a car that matched and once stopped it didn't take long to realize we had the guys. So they had no warrants and after searching the car we couldn't find anything to arrest them on. So after the old head in charge got thru eating their ass's out he asked the driver if the keys he had in his hand was the only keys to the car? When the driver said yes the old cop thru the keys in the trunk and slammed the lid closed. He then told them "stay out of trouble cause we'll be watching y'all". It took them half of the night before they got their keys but there was no more problems from them.

No matter how minor the crash, if a bad guy/arrestee has been in one during apprehension, the jail insists that they take a ride to the hospital to get checked out at taxpayer expense.

And of course, since the taxpayer has deep pockets, the hospital runs every test they have and runs up a huge bill. It takes several hours and ties up manpower as one of us has to babysit them.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    One of the great joys of a dead night-shift.
    Another was hearing snoring when somebody accidentally keyed the mike.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    When I started in LE in the late '70's, we used to be able to kick the crap out of intoxicated fools who tried to fight, cuff and stuff them in the back of a radio car, literally drag them from the jail sally port to the drunk tank, uncuff, remove property and leave them in a heap on the floor. We'd book for drunk in public on a single page check the box form and they'd get kicked out of jail when they sobered up. Done. By the time I retired over 10 years ago, you couldn't even bring them in the back door without a medical clearance which usually took several hours on a good night at the ER. Not to mention the use of force reporting, photos and other paperwork.
    You wanna know why we don't do that anymore?

Because more than a few people were killed in this same activity.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    I know this is a rhetorical question, but I feel I must ask: With all the "improvements" in LE over the years, is there some way you guys can think of that says we are better off now?

User Tag List