Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dillon RF-100 Automatic Primer Filler?

#RESIST

I have 9 primer tubes. I fill them and the 1050 all at once with the Frankford Vibraprime. Then load 1000 rounds. Repeat. Super easy and fast.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I basically do 3 things to tune my RF100 to various primer types. Each primer type needs a slightly different setting.

There is a screw that controls how tight the blue fitting is where the primers drop in tot he tube. Too tight = jams, too loose = flips.

The clear plastic piece that swings in and out needs to be just loose enough to allow primers to pass, but no looser.

I tend to strap some weight to the metals cylinder below the removable primer tube assembly, maybe 6 200 grain 300 blackout bullets or whatever. This seems to dampen the action a hair and I can turn the rheostat up further withotu inducing issues.

90 seconds to 2 minutes is good - if you try to load primers too fast you may induce issues.

My biggest challenge is swapping primers - CCI SPP, Federal SPP, CCI #41 SRP, etc. Tolerances are slightly different and minor tunng is required - mostly on the first 2 items I mention.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    There is a screw that controls how tight the blue fitting is where the primers drop in tot he tube. Too tight = jams, too loose = flips.

The clear plastic piece that swings in and out needs to be just loose enough to allow primers to pass, but no looser.
    Ive found (as mentioned above) the adapter screw as being the biggest thing to adjust to control flipped primers. This is the blue or red ring going through the hole the primers drop through to the tube. Underneath the platform you will see this "adapter screw" holding the blue/red ring in place. You want to start by setting it at a dimes width. Slide a dime between the head of the screw and the bottom of the base. If that does not solve your problem; you want to keep loosening this screw a 1/4 turn at a time until it does solve it.

A clear/translucent pick up tube would certainly make this adjusting process a lot easier to see if there are any flipped primers. I cant find any though. I know years ago Dillon used to have ones that were a clear plastic with a brass tip

User Tag List