Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Orlando nightclub shooting

Quote Originally Posted by ffchewy17 View Post
    It was a chaotic 3 hour scene. Multiple reports of additional shooters, devices being placed at hospitals, shots fired at the closest level 1 trauma center, two hospitals placed on black ( not taking anymore victims). OPD was on point and our MCI systems worked. I was proud to work for the city of Orlando last night, I will elaborate more when I can.
    Every once in a while, Pistol-Forum.com sets itself apart from being just an internet forum.

Proud of you, Chewy. Be safe.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    The problem for us is that this was only one incident. Our hospital system would crash if we had multiple scenes/greater number of casualties to deal with. You hae to assume you really will be on your own for a while. Better have your aid kit stocked and know how to survive for a while.
    Note this happened in a relatively urban area.

Should a rural church or synagogue get attacked this way , the town ambulance service will be well past overwhelmed.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

The problem for us is that this was only one incident. Our hospital system would crash if we had multiple scenes/greater number of casualties to deal with. You hae to assume you really will be on your own for a while. Better have your aid kit stocked and know how to survive for a while.
    And its going to happen. They are going to try to make someplace in the US look like Baghdad or Bombay or Nairobi. We don't know when--but it will happen.

It was a chaotic 3 hour scene. Multiple reports of additional shooters, devices being placed at hospitals, shots fired at the closest level 1 trauma center, two hospitals placed on black ( not taking anymore victims). OPD was on point and our MCI systems worked. I was proud to work for the city of Orlando last night, I will elaborate more when I can.
    We look forward to hearing from you.

This is why PF is awesome.

The problem for us is that this was only one incident. Our hospital system would crash if we had multiple scenes/greater number of casualties to deal with. You have to assume you really will be on your own for a while. Better have your aid kit stocked and know how to survive for a while.
    Only one Level 1 center in/around Orlando, and the head doctor guy said they called in all 6 ER surgeons for this event and it was all hands on deck. Imagine if this was a double or triple - MACTAC style, otherwise known as "Mumbai type" attack? Holy fuck, they'd need more than the state police and neighboring jurisdictions to help, they'd need the national guard.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Sparklefart will be making a statement soon, which will include the following:

Gun control
    Not saying the words "radical islamic terrosist"
    Anti-NRA rhetoric
    More gun control
    "...jump to conclusions..."
    "...our hearts go out to the victims and the families..."
    "...pattern now of mass shootings in this country that has no parallel anywhere else in the world..."
    "...common-sense gun safety laws, stronger background checks..."
    "...no-fly list..."
    "...law that needs to be changed..."
    "...we don't yet know what the motives of the shooter..."
    "...make Americans safer..."
    "...come together in a bipartisan basis at every level of government..."
    "..."something that just happens in the ordinary course of events, because it doesn't..."
    Even more gun control

We are fucking tired of your shit. It ain't the guns, it's the radical islamic terrorists that want to kill you, me and every other American.
    Someone needs to get bingo cards made before POTUS can get to a mic.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Only one Level 1 center in/around Orlando, and the head doctor guy said they called in all 6 ER surgeons for this event and it was all hands on deck. Imagine if this was a double or triple - MACTAC style, otherwise known as "Mumbai type" attack? Holy fuck, they'd need more than the state police and neighboring jurisdictions to help, they'd need the national guard.
    The real money maker here isn't the trauma centers themselves, but the ability of other hospitals to stand up acute surgical teams to stabilize patients until trauma surgery becomes available.

How EMS triages and transports patients can make a huge difference, here. If everyone just acts like a goon and throws people in cars and rushes to the only trauma center, shit is going to fall apart real fast.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I can't help but observe this contrast:

Get the Military Off of Main Street
    Militarizing our police officers does not have to be the first response to violence. Alternatives are available. Police militarization is a growing national threat.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/13/us...T.nav=top-news
    At 5 a.m., Chief Mina said, the police decided to attempt a rescue, detonating two explosives to distract the gunman and to help clear the club.

“With that advantage,” the chief said, nine officers moved into the club to confront the gunman. In the ensuing shootout, one of the officers was slightly wounded, saved by his Kevlar helmet, the authorities said.

During the rescue and shootout, officers with the SWAT team — using an armored vehicle — entered the club and hurried people to safety.

ORMC is my old stomping ground. We trained and drilled for this type of event regularly (including a NASA disaster, actually flew in astronauts in suits). Glad to know they where ready when duty called. I trained and worked with those 7 trauma surgeons and consider them great friends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Site Supporter
    Good job by Orlando Police SWAT. One of the officers took a round to the Helmet. It save his life though he took some spall to the eye.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  38.4 KB

User Tag List