Page 1 of 91 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Orlando nightclub shooting

Orlando nightclub shooting

Preliminary reports show that a man born to Afghan immigrants killed 20 people in a gay nightclub in Orlando Florida. He was killed by SWAT officers after an attempted hostage negotiation. Suspect's name is reported as Omar Mateen (there's 3 by this name in online voter registration rolls, all Democrat). Again a preliminary report but the police are saying that he had some sort of a device strapped to him.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...lub-story.html
    #RESIST

Latest total is 50 dead, plus shooter, additional 53 wounded. Live news brief from Orlando on Fox.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Gay men are not allowed to donate blood, and the hospitals are having trouble meeting demand.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Gay men are not allowed to donate blood, and the hospitals are having trouble meeting demand.
    I'd donate if I was nearby.
    #RESIST

Can you imagine being on that entry team? My god.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Are gay men only able to get blood from other gay men??? That seems questionable…

ETA: thoughts towards those affected by this tragedy, sad that many of us had seen this coming.
    Last edited by jc000; 06-12-2016 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Are gay men only able to get blood from other gay men??? That seems questionable…

ETA: thoughts towards those affected by this tragedy, sad that many of us had seen this coming.
    probably a lot of men from the gay community are trying to donate but are unable.

Are gay men only able to get blood from other gay men??? That seems questionable
    Gay men simply can't be donors. It's a long standing rule related to the risk of transmitting HIV.

You're asked about sex with men explicitly when you're screened to donate. I believe the wording is something like, "Have you ever had sex with another man, even once?"
    Last edited by Chance; 06-12-2016 at 10:03 AM.

Yeah I get that. Just unsure why the recipients couldn't get blood from heterosexuals.

Yeah I get that. Just unsure why the recipients couldn't get blood from heterosexuals.
    I'm sure they can... just not enough are coming to donate, which is leading to a shortage.

User Tag List