Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "You might be a rural Texas Peace Officer if..."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    I think the concept of the "court gun" is fantastic.

I've also been mesmerized by the "uniform" of the TX rangers. It's very distinctive, and I've heard they're big customers of Bill Wilson's.

Absolutely great picture - thanks, rojocorsa.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    And you say you're from Dallas? Go read all of Nyeti's revolver threads and you'll see a lot of potential court guns.

Nyeti's revolvers are BBQ guns - read Tam's link.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    And you say you're from Dallas? Go read all of Nyeti's revolver threads and you'll see a lot of potential court guns.
    That's what I figured it was, I just wanted to be sure. I have a friend who knows Johnnie Aycock, who is, so far as I'm aware, the only person to be awarded the Texas Ranger Medal of Valor twice. He bought Aycock's revolver, which was beautifully engraved. I'm guess that was his "barbeque gun."
    Last edited by Chance; 06-11-2016 at 12:46 PM.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

And sincerely, find a way to go to Waco and see the museum. If you don't think the guns there are cool we can't be friends anymore.
    Ignore Alien Orders

No BBQ guns, no court guns, and only majors with media warrant anything other than the normal uniform of the day. Other than a little pomp and circumstance, I've never really understood why court was so special.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    And sincerely, find a way to go to Waco and see the museum. If you don't think the guns there are cool we can't be friends anymore.
    Seriously, I'm trying to convince my better half to retire in Waco, so I can be close to the TX Ranger Museum. I was lucky enough that one of my soldiers wanted to re-enlist there when I was a Company Commander at Ft. Hood - great excuse to hit the museum on government time!

Site Supporter
    Yep, tha right thar essplansit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    And the guns on display are only a small part of the collection the museum houses. The museum rotates the ranger items but I've been told they have a huge antique arms collection. I know a retired Lt. Texas Ranger that promised me a tour of the back room. We never got together to make it happen. A huge regret of mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    FYI, Dallas is far less "Texas" than most other places in Texas, except maybe Austin.
    Fort Worth's motto is "Where the West Begins".

Just so I don't get in trouble, here's the proper attribution...
    “Fort Worth is where the West begins and Dallas is where the East peters out.” Will Rogers
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I do love Foat Wuth, which is how it is actually pronounced.

User Tag List