Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "You might be a rural Texas Peace Officer if..."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    I think the concept of the "court gun" is fantastic.

I've also been mesmerized by the "uniform" of the TX rangers. It's very distinctive, and I've heard they're big customers of Bill Wilson's.
    The Rangers I've encountered and worked with usually had Colts. Modifications tend to more cosmetic than what you might think - finish, engraving , grips. Our local Ranger runs a Colt XSE .45, stock except for a 10-8 rear in place of the Novak. He does have a nice floral carved rig for it though. STIs are popular too because they are made here just outside Austin.

Site Supporter
    I was issued a two Cowboy hats as deputy that totaled $350-400 in prices. However my flashlight didn't work.

Your Wranglers (there are no other jeans) aren't properly starched and pressed unless they can stand up by themselves if leaned against a wall.

Site Supporter
    We arrested a felon wanted for a bunch of armed robberies. When he finally gave up he said "I knew y'alls just gonna shoot me but that Texas Ranger mother fucker was gonna kick my ass!"

When you run code 3 trying to get to an emergency and you worry more about wildlife instead of other cars.

When you can look at a meadow and tell if it's too wet to drive across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Went to an Insights Class at KRtraining and we all went to BBQ dinner in Smithville, TX. So you had about 10 guys in shoot-me vests concealing the usual array of hardware. A local deputy comes in with:

1. Big Belly ( I carry one of these). Belt under it.
    2. A SAA in a cowboy rig with rounds in the big buckle belt.
    3. Big cowboy hat with department tribal talisman markings.

He gave us a hard look but got his ribs and went off into the night.

I have a federal law enforcement relative, she came to visit from DC and bought cowboy clothes to wear. Not much seen in San Antonio and she was complemented on her costume.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 06-11-2016 at 09:20 AM.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I give up: what is a "court gun"?

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Your Wranglers (there are no other jeans) aren't properly starched and pressed unless they can stand up by themselves if leaned against a wall.
    I literally laughed out loud. This so true. My father wore Wranglers for about 50 years, and always complained they didn't fit him right.

"Why don't you get another brand of jeans?" It was like lightbulb went on.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I would like to know what a "court gun" is also. My guess would be a "dress" gun. I have seen Rangers and Sheriffs wear nickel plated, engraved 1911s with custom grips, usually with some sort of Texas star, in the courthouse.

"Court gun" appears to be Google proof by the way.
    Last edited by Shotgun; 06-11-2016 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post

I literally laughed out loud. This so true. My father wore Wranglers for about 50 years, and always complained they didn't fit him right.

"Why don't you get another brand of jeans?" It was like lightbulb went on.
    Cinch > Wrangler

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    I would like to know what a "court gun" is also. My guess would be a "dress" gun. I have seen Rangers and Sheriffs wear nickel plated, engraved 1911s with custom grips, usually with some sort of Texas star, in the courthouse.

"Court gun" appears to be Google proof by the way.
    LawDog on the difference between Court Guns and BBQ Guns...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    And you say you're from Dallas? Go read all of Nyeti's revolver threads and you'll see a lot of potential court guns.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List