Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Detention OK for 6th-grader who called vegetarians 'idiots'

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    I don't get the issue. Why shouldn't a student be punished for calling another student an idiot?
    Because a person should never be punished for telling the truth.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Why are we as a society so weak?
    Because the least productive get the same one vote as everyone else and they've figured out they can use it to get free stuff, dragging the rest of us down to their level?

Just a guess.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

It's damned good that I'm long removed from public education. Were I in school now, I'd be spending a lot of time in a principal's office. Hell, I'd probably be sent to continuation school where I'd continue with my disdain for liberal and neocon ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Because a person should never be punished for telling the truth.
    We've long ago departed from the ideology that was basis of our Founding Fathers. Now truth is relative. The sun rises in the east unless it hurts another's feelings. Then the sun rises where he feels good about himself believing it rises.

Site Supporter
    Good god, when I was in sixth grade if I were to whine about someone calling me an idiot the teacher would have said "so what?"

Of course, there also may have been a fight and the "idiot" remark would not have been about vegetarianism. There were plenty of other reasons someone may have called me an idiot...

This ain't the country I was raised in.

LOL. I would have never made it out of school had they put folks into detention for abusive language. I think I must have identified as a Marine in my youth cause I had a very colorful vocabulary among my peers. Still do, but I can be colorful around everyone seeing as I'm all growed up.

With that stated if it's a uniformly administered policy. Trump suppers being called idiots = detention then I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8441[/ATTACH

This guy will be Mr America in the near future....

Site Supporter
    I wish I could un-see the hell out of that.

The curse of a prosperous society is people lose track of how things actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    The curse of a prosperous society is people lose track of how things actually work.
    ...and spend tooo much time or arguing about non important things, making an issue about things that would not be given a second look in elsewhere.
    The curse of the idle, rich, entitled and argumentative modern western societies that are sooo uneasy about themselves.

User Tag List