Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: OEM2 inbound

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I like having a VFG, non-angled, as rigidly mounted as possible, with no whiz-bang. In Kyle Lamb's carbine courses he introduces a variety of uses for them that I found myself making use of in matches and other shooting. ... From said class. Note that my hand is placed so that my thumb is coming up on the side, not choking the grip.
    This is the same conclusion I've reached. I'm running a Unity Tactical Direct Mount VFG on my Troy VTAC rail. I'm running a Surefire X300 Ultra at 12:00 and this setup gives my thumb very natural access to the switch on the light as well.
    Last edited by John Hearne; 07-20-2016 at 12:47 PM.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    The Acog/micro offset set up was what force recon was using in 2011 (atleast the plt I worked with) and it was a nifty set up that they were very happy with.
    Still were in late 2013.

Attachment 9262

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Hand stops, like most things, come and go out of fashion. As soon as they become popular again, the gun hipsters declare why they are no longer using them and start vanity threads to tell the world about it.

I like having a VFG, non-angled, as rigidly mounted as possible, with no whiz-bang. In Kyle Lamb's carbine courses he introduces a variety of uses for them that I found myself making use of in matches and other shooting.
    I've also come to prefer the verti grip over various hand stops and angled grips. Best way I can describe my grip; my middle finger rests in the crook of where the grip attaches to the rail, index finger goes underneath the rail, and my thumb goes along the rail on the 10:30 rail slots parallel to the top picatinny.

Attachment 9264

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Still were in late 2013.

Attachment 9262

I've also come to prefer the verti grip over various hand stops and angled grips. Best way I can describe my grip; my middle finger rests in the crook of where the grip attaches to the rail, index finger goes underneath the rail, and my thumb goes along the rail on the 10:30 rail slots parallel to the top picatinny.

Attachment 9264
    I like vfg also, maybe I'll have to give one another time. I wrap my thumb over the top, always have. I think it came from the need of activating the IR lazer on my rifle and I just tucked it behind or rested it untop of the PEQ when not actually using it.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Thanks guys. Should I loctite the QR TA60 mount or replace it with the larue mini?
    Just FYI, the LT-105 will mount the TA33 just a little bit lower than the stock TA60 thumbscrew mount. It's my understanding that Bobro and ADM are stock height, though I've never tried one. Something to consider if you end up wanting a new mount.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Sorry, missed a beat -- whose videos please?
    Frank Proctor's.

He has a bunch on his site that you can look over. Some real interesting stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Just FYI, the LT-105 will mount the TA33 just a little bit lower than the stock TA60.
    Thanks - that is desirable.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Frank Proctor's.
    Thanks, should have followed, now tracking.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List