Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Are CZs best as range/game guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    That's not impossible, but, there are several others of us that have had very real issues well within 10,000 rds.

Ask GJM how many he has...
    Ok sure, even so, you can mitigate that with regular maintenance. Spending ~$40 every $1000 worth of ammunition in preventative maintenance does not make the pistol unsuitable. They are not as finicky or fragile as people make them out to be.
    To aim and hit, you need one eye only, and one good finger.

Magen VeLo Yera'e

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    That's not impossible, but, there are several others of us that have had very real issues well within 10,000 rds.

Ask GJM how many he has...
    Were the issues on parts that the Omega trigger system replaced, or slide stop failures?

I carried a P07 for a couple years. Even with the P07/P09 Omega systems, I was never 100% comfortable relying on the thin-wire TRSs. I never broke one, but I also replaced them every few thousand rounds; I realize it's an entirely subjective assessment. Plus, the fact that only CGW and CZC were my only decent parts options.

Quote Originally Posted by regular_guy View Post
    I carried a P07 for a couple years. Even with the P07/P09 Omega systems, I was never 100% comfortable relying on the thin-wire TRSs. I never broke one, but I also replaced them every few thousand rounds; I realize it's an entirely subjective assessment. Plus, the fact that only CGW and CZC were my only decent parts options.
    Have you ever seen the trigger return springs on a Sig P series?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Talionis nailed this, and Pepperoni will probably be along shortly to say the same thing.

If I was going to carry a CZ, it would be a lightly tuned P07/09. Still a good shooter, but less PM intensive. If it had to be metal, it would be a 92 Compact instead of a P01/PCR.
    Having owned 4 customized steel-framed CZs in the past (which were sweet guns) ... this is exactly the conclusion I came to. I now carry a lightly customized P-07 (CGW TRS, FP, HS) and I have a second dedicated gun for training. I also keep a few spare parts in my range bag just to be safe.

CZs are great guns. It is good to know the strengths and weaknesses of whatever platform you carry... ;-)
    "A man's character is his fate."

Several of my Production buds have switched from polymer guns to Shadow models, most seeing noticeable improvements in their shooting viritually overnight. A couple Glock shooters couldn't make the transition, and went back. None of them carry these guns. They're heavy, essentially 9mm Limited guns. Part of what makes Shadow triggers so light and desirable for gaming is they have no firing pin block. Some say they are drop safe, but I'm not pointing any gun without a fpb at my junk. That and lack of a decocker make the gamer models a no go for carry, imo. Have seen a couple of my buds ND decocking under stress while pointed safely down range. Ymmv.
    Last edited by Stuffbreaker; 06-30-2016 at 07:41 AM.

In that case, I would buy an HK LEM, a six pack of trigger return springs, that HKparts.net pliers for changing the TRS, and you will probably never need another thing but ammo.
    I'm not disagreeing but... I was on the HK train for a while and switched back to CZ simply because I found them easier to work on myself, especially the polymer P-series with the Omega trigger system. Ergos are better for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffbreaker View Post
    I'm not pointing any gun without a fpb at my junk.
    Given your nick, that was worth a chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    There is a monstrous thread over on M4Carbine http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?149986-CZ-P-07 Where MIke Pannone reports some high round counts in his P-07/09 series pistols without any issues.

Page 2 of the thread has a report of 17,000 on one. The counts only get higher as the thread goes on. (79 pages as of today)
    If memory serves, Mike is well over 40 or 50 thousand on one of his guns with no breakages. (CGW parts, of course)

Oh, bloody hell. My interest in Sigs is in severe headwinds as actually getting my hands on one before my paperwork expires is becoming more and more difficult. Just how hard can a P30 V1 trigger be to learn, eh...?

In that case, I would buy an HK LEM, a six pack of trigger return springs, that HKparts.net pliers for changing the TRS, and you will probably never need another thing but ammo.
    HK Parts does not ship internationally. Local importer is bloody useless. The international sources I've looked at have no H&K spare parts. (I wonder, does that say more about the quality or the quantity of H&K's out there...?) If you've got a good tip on a parts source, I'm seriously considering importing one into this country myself. Even though I hate paperwork and loathe bureaucracy...

User Tag List