Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA endorses Trump

The guy who got banned was the previous area coordinator for Tennessee. He essentially rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with the way he did the AC job. He was always nice to me but I'm not really a gamer, I just shoot to see how I will do against the gamers so I didn't take him as seriously and get as upset about things as others did. He even publicly called out Bill Wilson and Joyce Wilson (who is the Executive Director of IDPA) claiming Bill "cheated" at a match because he did not have a current classification and to top it off he had too much to drink and made an ass of himself after a regional match using some rather foul language in front of women and children and that was the final straw with the "code of conduct" . He got replaced as the AC and put on "probation" but continued to shoot apparently under an assumed name.... so he got banned.

IDPA endorses Trump

The ban isn't the issue, it's the way it was done--like a LDS excommunication where no one can associate with him or risk a ban.

And why is it a problem to "call out" the Wilsons? Did Phil Strader (former USPSA Pres) try to ban his critics?
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-09-2016 at 09:39 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The ban isn't the issue, it's the way it was done--like a LDS excommunication where no one can associate with him or risk a ban.

And why is it a problem to "call out" the Wilsons? Did Phil Strader (former USPSA Pres) try to ban his critics?
    That's what a tactical priority banning looks like. But I agree, failure to do right for not using cover when banning him.
    i used to wannabe

I am not a defender of Trump, but his endorsement by the NRA and his strong support for concealed carry and his public statements on concealed carry are much stronger than other Republican candidates and even people like Romney. Here is Trump's statement from his website:
    "NATIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY. The right of self-defense doesn’t stop at the end of your driveway. That’s why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states. A driver’s license works in every state, so it’s common sense that a concealed carry permit should work in every state. If we can do that for driving – which is a privilege, not a right – then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege."

Promoting concealed carry helps IDPA, plain and simple. The main reason I am such a big supporter of IDPA is getting inexperienced concealed carry owners to develop their safety and shooting skills. The more proficient concealed carriers are, the better we will be perceived by the general public, and the better chance they have of defending themselves and avoiding legal liability. Who isn't tired of seeing people at the range being unsafe?

I am not here to debate it or defend it...I just wanted to explain why IDPA endorsed Trump.

The AC Issue with Nicky Carter is unrelated to this topic. If you would have seen/heard how this guy behaved, you would have kicked him out too. This was not Nicky's decision, but it could have been handled better. He made a mistake, we all do. He learned from it, let's move on.
    Thanks,
    Cody

Last edited by cclaxton; 06-09-2016 at 10:50 PM.
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

There is a right way to do things and a wrong way....on BOTH ends. You can quietly "call out" someone in a manner that does not bring undue attention or you can scream from the rooftop in order to publicly embarrass them. Which do you think is the better way to handle it? You can express your reservations or displeasure about something quietly like an adult or you can act like a horse's ass. Which do you think is more likely to lead to a lifetime ban?

After several incidents, the drunken "code of conduct" shenanigans and then not respecting the temporary ban by shooting under a different name, IDPA finally dropped the hammer. Could they have done it differently ? Probably but I think it just simply got to the point that they were just done dealing with him. He refused to listen and was going to do what he wanted to do...no matter what. But that is just my perspective living in the area where this happened....
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 06-10-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Site Supporter
    Failure to Vote Right - how many points down? Let's see Trump show up at a rally in a shoot-me first vest.

Trump - Dump - got to love it. Doesn't Donald have a Sig and a snubby?

IDPA endorses Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Failure to Vote Right - how many points down? Let's see Trump show up at a rally in a shoot-me first vest.

Trump - Dump - got to love it. Doesn't Donald have a Sig and a snubby?

4.5/5!

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Last edited by orionz06; 06-10-2016 at 11:59 AM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

They only endorsed him because he promised to increase the size of the -0 and make Mexico pay for all the new targets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    They only endorsed him because he promised to increase the size of the -0 and make Mexico pay for all the new targets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I would have thought he'd make GADPA pay for the new targets...
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Yes, lets endorse a homophobic, Latino-hating, Muslim-hating, racist, sexist pig further alienating the very demographics we need to win over and fold into the 2a and competitive shooting communities to shore up our legislative support.

User Tag List