Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA endorses Trump

I guess that the IDPA folks have recognized that Trump , while an unknown political quantity, is no Hillary Clinton. We know FOR SURE what Hillary's 2nd Amendment stance is and it is not friendly. We know FOR SURE what kind of Supreme Court justices she will appoint. On the other hand if you take Trump at his word, he says will appoint pro constructionist judges who believe in the original intent not political activists who view the Constitution as a "Living document" and who will quibble over what the definition of "is" is if it suits their anti 2nd amendment stance.....So while Trump may not be an ideal conservative candidate we know for darn sure what we will get with the alternative.....

To me it's poor taste for an org like IDPA, USPSA, or any other recreational shooting group to endorse a candidate. Especially one that prides itself on being the gateway drug for new competitive shooters.

Politics and candidates are more complicated than a single issue like the 2A.

And yet only one candidate is hell bent on making it as difficult to exercise that right as possible ..."IF it is in fact a right"...according to her own words.

Wonder if Trump competed if he'd roll in a suit or if he'd buy a competition specific vest?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Harris View Post
    I guess that the IDPA folks have recognized that Trump , while an unknown political quantity, is no Hillary Clinton. We know FOR SURE what Hillary's 2nd Amendment stance is and it is not friendly. We know FOR SURE what kind of Supreme Court justices she will appoint. On the other hand if you take Trump at his word, he says will appoint pro constructionist judges who believe in the original intent not political activists who view the Constitution as a "Living document" and who will quibble over what the definition of "is" is if it suits their anti 2nd amendment stance.....So while Trump may not be an ideal conservative candidate we know for darn sure what we will get with the alternative.....
    Omen brother! I'm no Trump supporter but "ANYONE" but Hillary. I've seen this style thread on every gun forum I'm on and can't believe some peoples posts, I just shake my head. Take away everything else from her past, she has stated numerous times her agenda for guns. With the ground work that has already been laid the last 8 years and the Supreme Court appointments that will be made this next term, ALL her dreams and delusions can come true, and a nightmare for us it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Politics and candidates are more complicated than a single issue like the 2A.
    That's not usually super true for corporations (like IDPA). If they have a deep seated interest in an issue (an existential one in particular) they routinely support candidates who are relatively strong on that issue. A company I used to work for was dependent on defense spending, and spent a lot of money supporting candidates who were liberal spenders in that arena. The candidates' other views weren't really relevant.

I never had a problem with that.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Does anyone know what reason(s) were behind the IDPA banning of the gentleman mentioned in the attached link?

IDPA has never before endorsed a candidate, to my knowledge. They're essentially a sports league, they're not the NRA.

It's bizarre behavior in a year full of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    IDPA has never before endorsed a candidate, to my knowledge. They're essentially a sports league, they're not the NRA.

It's bizarre behavior in a year full of it.
    Sports league? For profit business? Fan club? Cult?

Agree on the bizarre behavior--Trump endorsement is the least of it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Does anyone know what reason(s) were behind the IDPA banning of the gentleman mentioned in the attached link?
    Yes I do know.

User Tag List