Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Epic Fail: GIGN Eats at McDonald's

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    Yes. McDonalds in the US is like "the absolute bottom of the barrel" food. It's not great, but it's usually much better in other countries. (I've had it in at least 20 other countries, including France)
    And McDonalds is way better than the gray meat you get at Quick.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I don't know where a nugget comes off the chicken, but it's pretty damned tasty.
    This Georgia transplant thinks that the opening of the Chick-Fil-A at Keystone and 62nd might be the first time she's been happy to see a chain restaurant open in Broad Ripple.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    This Georgia transplant thinks that the opening of the Chick-Fil-A at Keystone and 62nd might be the first time she's been happy to see a chain restaurant open in Broad Ripple.
    Chick-Fil-A. I think we need a separate thread just to celebrate Chick-Fil-A.

Tasty, tasty Hate Chicken.

I'm in the drive thru at McD's right now.

I'm turning into a fatass.

JR1572

I will make a confession. I have eaten McDonald's in Europe before, in Germany. But I have an excuse, I was in Stuttgart on Whit Monday, which I did not realize was a national holiday in Germany. I had been working at the natural history museum, which was open. When I left the museum and went back to my hostel I was looking for some place to eat. My realization of a national holiday was then...because everything was closed at 4pm on a Monday (which had not been the case the previous Monday). I walked around for an hour and a half, hungry as hell, before I found the McD's which was open. So, a Royale mit Käse was had as my dinner. I'll be honest, when you're hungry and the grocery stores and every other restaurant is closed? McDonald's is a damn good option.

As for Chik-Fil-A - I only crave that on Sundays.

Tasty, tasty Hate Chicken.
    Freedom fowl.
    Ignore Alien Orders

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I ate at "MacDos" (as they are called) all the time when I lived in France. It was awesome. I mean, fundamentally still awesome in the same terrible for you way that MacDonald's is awesome here in the US.... but still awesome.

For those of us who lived in metro Atlanta, we had access to "Dwarf House" restaurants, which were sit-down Chick-Fil-A restaurants. You could also order "off menu" items, including a Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwiches and hash browns for breakfast. My family used to have breakfast most Saturday mornings at the Dwarf House in Woodstock until we moved out of the area in late 2007.

I have also learned that if you ask politely, you can get a chicken sandwich with the correct pickles even during breakfast hours at most Chick-Fil-A stores. I much prefer that to Chick-Fil-A's breakfast offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    For those of us who lived in metro Atlanta, we had access to "Dwarf House" restaurants, which were sit-down Chick-Fil-A restaurants.
    Fact: I have never entered the original Hapeville Dwarf House using the normal, adult-size front doors.

User Tag List