Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Epic Fail: GIGN Eats at McDonald's

I've never been to France, but friends who have tell me that McDonalds is an entirely different experience there. Apparently the food is made from higher quality ingredients and the "decor" is a bit more upscale than what we see in US McDonalds. Most of them have a "McCafé" separated from the main restaurant that serve espresso and pastries.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    No, actually shocked. The GIGN guys are known to be exceptional shooters.
    Your experience is different than mine then.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post

Seriously, McDonald's?
    Mais oui! Laissez les bon temps roulez!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipulusArmorum View Post
    I've never been to France, but friends who have tell me that McDonalds is an entirely different experience there. Apparently the food is made from higher quality ingredients and the "decor" is a bit more upscale than what we see in US McDonalds. Most of them have a "McCafé" separated from the main restaurant that serve espresso and pastries.
    Yes. McDonalds in the US is like "the absolute bottom of the barrel" food. It's not great, but it's usually much better in other countries. (I've had it in at least 20 other countries, including France)

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    No, actually shocked. The GIGN guys are known to be exceptional shooters. They were legendary on how good they were with the MR73's and how much time they spent in the range....guess they are slipping with the plastic guns.
    Maybe they didn't want to create a mess all over their burgers? This is France, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Same here.
    Not personal. Best friend was there in the 80's and early 90's. Obviously, that tradition has changed for the worse in the last 20 years. Many units go through different phases with how seriously they take their shooting.....I guess they are on a different program. On the other hand, he would have been with their top training guys which may have been different than everyone else, and they have been much better than the rest. He spent a lot of time with most of the top teams at the time, including ours and said the guys he was with from GIGN were amazingly good with their MR73's.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

The GIGN certainly had a reputation as shooters in the past--sorry to hear that isn't the case any longer. What did you see?

DOTW: one handed head shots while holding Le Big Mac in the off hand.

PS-favorite McD's sandwich name: Samurai Pork sandwich.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    DOTW: one handed head shots while holding Le Big Mac in the off hand.
    Can I substitute a Double Royale with Cheese? Not a fan of le Big Mac.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List