Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic Fail: GIGN Eats at McDonald's

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Epic Fail: GIGN Eats at McDonald's

From The Telegraph:

Armed robbers bit off more than they could chew when they held up a McDonalds in eastern France whose diners included a group of hungry officers from an elite military force.

Around 40 customers were chomping on their burgers on Sunday evening in the fast food outlet in a shopping centre in Besancon when two men burst in, fired in the air with a shotgun, threatened the guests and ordered staff to open the till, which contained €2,000 (£1,550) in cash.

However, unbeknownst to the robbers, among the terrified customers were 11 off-duty members of the French paramilitary special forces, Groupe d’Intervention de la Gendarmerie Nationale, or GIGN - the Gallic equivalent of the SAS - who were not amused at having their meal of Big Macs and French fries disturbed by the low-level criminals.

The highly trained and battle-hardened officers were able to pounce on the first of the two robbers when he tripped on his way of the outlet without firing a shot.

However, they were forced to shoot the other in the abdomen when he pointed a gun at them as he sought to make his getaway with the cash, ignoring their orders to drop his weapon.
    Seriously, McDonald's?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    From The Telegraph:

Seriously, McDonald's?
    Yea, McDonalds is go to cop food. I am more shocked that both weren't killed with head shots.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 06-08-2016 at 02:11 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Wonder what they were carrying? Do you get extra points if you shoot a robber with an MR 73?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipulusArmorum View Post
    Wonder what they were carrying? Do you get extra points if you shoot a robber with an MR 73?

Yes.

But they were probably carrying Glocks in 9mm. Most GIGN members today have switched over to the plastic-fantastic. But you still see some of them wielding MR73s (you can see a couple in GIGN response to the Paris terror attacks).

Site Supporter
    The Sig 226 is in the mix as well.
    Last edited by Le Français; 06-08-2016 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Yea, McDonalds is go to cop food. I am more disappointed that both weren't killed with head shots.
    I fixed your post.

Ignore Alien Orders

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Seriously, McDonald's?
    McDonald's is one of the major food groups. I don't know where a nugget comes off the chicken, but it's pretty damned tasty.

The only thing I get from McDonalds any more is coffee.
    And that is only when I realllllly need the caffeine because of a long trip suddenly getting longer.
    There's one right next to a gas station that sometimes tempts me. It's been over a year since I
    stopped there.

Le Big Mac? Merci, non.

I still put tooth to a Burger King sandwich on rare occasions.
    Culver's Butter Burger is my fast food these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    I fixed your post.
    No, actually shocked. The GIGN guys are known to be exceptional shooters. They were legendary on how good they were with the MR73's and how much time they spent in the range....guess they are slipping with the plastic guns.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List