Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Becoming a Police Officer"

Thank you very much for your insights, SansSouci.

Hi rojo,

You're welcome.

You might want to consider subscribing to the California Peace Officer's Legal Sourcebook: http://www.dgs.ca.gov/osp/Programs/C...ourcebook.aspx

It was, by far, the single best source of law enforcement information that I had routinely used. It provides excellent info on just about every topic of California law enforcement.

I wish you the absolute best,

Sans

Hi rojo,

You're welcome.

You might want to consider subscribing to the California Peace Officer's Legal Sourcebook: http://www.dgs.ca.gov/osp/Programs/C...ourcebook.aspx

It was, by far, the single best source of law enforcement information that I had routinely used. It provides excellent info on just about every topic of California law enforcement.

I wish you the absolute best,

Sans

One of the PDs called me back. I'm successfully signed up for a ride along. Sadly, it's a month away.

It's been two weeks since I first pondered about this career path. I'm pretty sure I'd like to do it, so I started applications with Mesa PD and Gilbert PD thus far.

All I know is that I want out of CA no matter what.

I forgot to tell you to look at Glendale PD and some of the agencies in the west valley. Peoria and Goodyear come to mind. Put in for Phoenix too. They are hiring like crazy.
    Last edited by Coyotesfan97; 06-19-2016 at 07:43 PM.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I forgot to tell you to look at Glendale PD and some of the agencies in the west valley. Peoria and Goodyear come to mind. Put in for Phoenix too. They are hiring like crazy.

Duly noted.

Im bumping this thread:

On Friday, I'm going for my ride-along with the local PD (for which I am very excited!). What kind of questions should I be asking? I have a feeling there are some questions I should be asking that I won't even think of (just from being distracted/excited for being in the ride-along itself).

Thanks

update:

That ridealong last Friday evening was cancelled until further notice due to incidents and threats against police nationwide. I completely understand why they held off, but I would be a liar if I said I wasn't disappointed. I was looking forward to that a lot! Oh well, they'll call me back.

Today I completed the CA PELLET-B (CA POST Written Exam).

My journey of a 1000 miles has officially begun with a single step.

User Tag List