Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: "Becoming a Police Officer"

Site Supporter
    Can you comment on questions asked or anything that may have surprised you?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    I should mention, this past weekend I had time off from work so I went to a clothier in the nice part of Dallas and got fitted and tailored for a suit. Charcoal, white oxford shirt, red silk tie, and I bought some new dress shoes. I plan to use a Windsor knot.

It cost me "good gun money" but I understand that the suit will be virtually paid for the minute I get this job, so I am enthusiastically "buying once and crying once". And I know I'll have it at my disposal for court in the future.
    I buy most of my suits on Ebay, and then have them tailored by a lady who lives nearby. My sergeant now does the same thing. I wear Hickey Freeman (half or full canvas) and Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece. I never have over $200 invested in any particular suit. Brooks Brothers "makers" ties, not more than $10. Hermes ties, not more than $25.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I buy most of my suits on Ebay, and then have them tailored by a lady who lives nearby. My sergeant now does the same thing. I wear Hickey Freeman (half or full canvas) and Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece. I never have over $200 invested in any particular suit. Brooks Brothers "makers" ties, not more than $10. Hermes ties, not more than $25.
    Back in the day, you couldn't buy anything in the Brooks Brothers store on Madison Ave. and 44th St in NYC for under $200.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Back in the day, you couldn't buy anything in the Brooks Brothers store on Madison Ave. and 44th St in NYC for under $200.
    The golden fleece runs about $2500, full retail. Hence buying used.

Site Supporter
    My truck ain't worth $2500.

Round 2 for same PD coming soon. I think I can handle the OB better this time.

Site Supporter
    Rojo, I'm one of many who are in your corner. If you think that you did poorly on certain questions, please PM one of these old cranky fuckers on the forum. Of course, I mean career cops. Ask them how to handle questions that stumped you. Or just ask in the open forum. Hell, we're cranky too and might even know something. Now for some thread drift. Once I was interviewing teachers for secondary ed jobs. One old dude pranced in the room, shook my hand, and then jumped up in a chair and squatted down on his feet. He stayed in this position the entire time. The same day I interviewed an older lady for an aide position. She said mother fucker 23 times in 40 minutes. I hired neither. So let us assist if we can. Despite being ornery and mean, I wish the best to any young man or woman desiring to enter a profession. Hang in there.

I appreciate that, thank you sir.

Still working on it. Persistence is key.

I've failed two OBs at this point but I'm catching on, and I'm also around the corner from loosing 100 lbs so far. I have some other stuff but I've actually never been better.

Keep at it. Will say a prayer of support.

User Tag List