Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. Marshals hiring announcement opens 06/06/16

Site Supporter

U.S. Marshals hiring announcement opens 06/06/16

Just my opinion having worked with the USMS off an on over the past 20 years but IMO this is one of the best jobs in Federal Law Enforcment. This is open to federal civil service candidates and Veterans (VRA etc).

USMS only opens up hiring every few years so if you are thinking about it - apply.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewD...0#btn-add-info

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2911
Size:  43.0 KB

I have to say HCM, you're the first person I've ever met who thought that. You must have worked with some good guys who liked their job. I almost never meet that type in that agency.

...and here I am almost beginning to like what I do...

Only opens for day...guess I'll be applying.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I have to say HCM, you're the first person I've ever met who thought that. You must have worked with some good guys who liked their job. I almost never meet that type in that agency.
    I have - mostly in small to mid sized offices where they rotate between court and field work. I did know one guy who worked in a large office and did not like it - mostly because he got stuck doing court and judicial protection for years.

The variation in what you actually do from office to office is true of most federal agencies IME.

The individual Marshals for the district make a difference as well. They are often political appointees from outside the agency but they are all former LEO's so agin not much different than other agencies.

The other down side to the USMS is they are a small a organization, which can make it harder to transfer or promote if that's your thing. They have significant numbers of LEO's from other agencies in their fugitive task forces which makes them seem larger.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-05-2016 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I have - mostly in small to mid sized offices where they rotate between court and field work. I did know one guy who worked in a large office and did not like it - mostly because he got stuck doing court and judicial protection for years.

The variation in what you actually do from office to office is true of most federal agencies IME.

The individual Marshals for the district make a difference as well. They are often political appointees from outside the agency but they are all former LEO's so agin not much different than other agencies.

The other down side to the USMS is they are a small a organization, which can make it harder to transfer or promote if that's your thing. They have significant numbers of LEO's from other agencies in their fugitive task forces which makes them seem larger.
    *desire for fugitive task force work intensifies*
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

By FAR our favorite Feds to work with. They always seemed to be the USMC of federal LE.....underpaid, did more with less, and fun to around when things needed to get broken.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

If I could go back in time and do my life differently ...... I'd do anything (and I mean most anything) to be a USMS chasing fugitives. I'd start off with a MIL stint then do the GI Bill to get my degree - followed by LE street work all while applying each and every time the USMS opened up the books. I honestly dream about it but go the bug too late in life.

Speaking of federal Leo... Is there a commonly known hierarchy of best agencies to work for or does it just depend on an applicants wants and needs and/or what is available? If there is a consensus... What is it and why?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Who May Apply: You may apply if you are a current or former career/career conditional Federal employee with competitive status, VEOA eligible, or are eligible for a non-competitive hiring authority (i.e. 30% or more Compensable Veterans, Schedule A, reinstatement eligibles, interchange agreements, VRA, etc.).

What exactly does that mean? Does this mean any person can't just apply?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Who May Apply: You may apply if you are a current or former career/career conditional Federal employee with competitive status, VEOA eligible, or are eligible for a non-competitive hiring authority (i.e. 30% or more Compensable Veterans, Schedule A, reinstatement eligibles, interchange agreements, VRA, etc.).

What exactly does that mean? Does this mean any person can't just apply?

Yes, this is not an open announcement- you must be a current or former federal civil servant of a veteran.

This is not uncommon - an open announcement may follow later.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-05-2016 at 05:13 PM.

User Tag List