Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SBR Lethality AK vs AR

Holy shitttt, I hope she recovered okay, someone was watching over her that day.

The Mike Day story I know of, insane, someone was watching over him too.
    " The true Soldier fights not because what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

5.56mm SBR - seems to work ok.

Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 06-05-2016 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steaknvodka View Post
    My lady friend also has that problem, she uses that n-word waaaay too much.
    Well hey tough guy.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 06-05-2016 at 05:33 PM.

Generally staying in a hot, southwest metropolis.
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Well hey tough guy.
    My comment probably failed to convey an attempt at light hearted humor. I think you were asking OP what role the SBR would play (good question to ask) and my lady friend wants to know why I'm oooogling over old revolvers. Not an apples to apples comparison, my bad.

I have a Yugo PAP92 I bought when it was on sale with free shipping with the intention of SBRing it. Doc, I noted how you feel about 7.62x39 using generic FMJs, but what about my PAP 92 using Hornady SSTs of Uly 8M3?

I am not looking at .300BLK, not because it isnt a fine cartridge, but because I have found some handloading recipes for subsonic 7.62x39 and I got lucky on a huge lot of once and never fired brass casings for 7.62x39.

Why subsonic? It fills a very narrow niche that most folks don't deal with; why neuter an effective rifle cartridge and make it into a pistol load?

7.62x39 mm with an expanding bullet acts a lot like .30-30; how effective has .30-30 proven for hunting deer over the past century or so?
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

From 16" guns that Hornady load is VERY effective.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Of note, the nebulous term "Lethality" is inappropriate and misleading and should ideally be banned from all discussions of terminal performance. What if an enemy combatant is hit with a projectile and immediately ceases hostile actions, but is not killed? If “Lethality” is the measured and defined metric, then the projectile has failed, because the opponent did not receive a lethal wound, although in actuality the projectile was extremely effective in stopping hostilities. Similarly, if an opponent is fatally shot, but manages to wipe out an entire squad of friendly personnel before succumbing to their wound, the projectile demonstrated 100% “Lethality”, but was utterly ineffective at stopping the enemy from continuing their attack. The phrase "Terminal Effectiveness" is far more accurate and appropriate than “Lethality”, as the death of an enemy combatant is then only one possible consequence instead of a stated intent and defined requirement for success.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

In discussions of hunting cartridges and bullets, folks are pretty focused on killing power.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List