Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: This is just the beginning!

Dry fire glock 19.

It was a good session of mostly draws.

I did Seeklanders draw and step drill. Basically you have an imaginary clock around you and you work your way around the clock, taking a step towards each number of the clock

He recommends doing multiple shots after the draw. I started out just doing one to focus on my footwork. The last time through I did multiple trigger presses.

Notes: stepping right and/or with my right foot first feels much more natural.

My body mechanics get all out of whack when I add movement so it was good to start slow and focus on footwork and not worry much about the draw.

I may try this without a gun on days I can't dry fire.
    "Technique will give you speed by efficiency"- Mike Pannone

Dry fire Glock 34 owb holster and mag pouches.

Draws, Reloads, transitions and 180 draws. My shoulders were on fire at the end. I'm sure that going to the gym earlier contributed but I was really trying to drive the gun and grip the heck out of it.

Modified the sheath for the cp Its an improvement for sure. I felt I had finally nailed down my edc belt positioning but the cp throws it off. I can't seem to find a perfect way to wear it. It seems a traditional belt is a no go.

Dry fire has been getting progressively better each day.

Dry fire Glock 19 and BCM AR

Reloads, 1h and 2h draws. It seems I have misplaced my timer, which really sucked because I had the house to myself and could've used it. I'm noticing reloads go smoother when I take a slight pause right before I get to the magwell.

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    I did Seeklanders draw and step drill. Basically you have an imaginary clock around you and you work your way around the clock, taking a step towards each number of the clock.
    Love doing this drill of his with reloads as well, with the pistol mounted and ready to fire by the time you arrive at the "number" on the clock!

Short dry fire session tonight.

25 reps of 4 aces (2r2).

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Love doing this drill of his with reloads as well, with the pistol mounted and ready to fire by the time you arrive at the "number" on the clock!
    Awesome I will try this one out. I won't be that fast but it sounds like a great goal to chase!

Glock 19 dry fire

1h and 2h draws
    4 aces
    Reloads while moving using the clock referenced a few posts above

Moving while reloading adds another element and threw me off tonight. I was having a few more fumbles clearing the cover garmet. It was a great learning experience.

I made some new targets to help out my dry fire game

Dry fire Glock 19

Draws and reloads. Session was cut short but I was able to get my draws down to 1.2 a few times and 1.3 consistently when warmed up. Cold draws are still slow and I need to pick up the sights faster.

Dry fire was just 5 mins of trigger presses before work.

I spent tonight setting up my Dillon 550b. Everything went smooth until I got to the powder measure die. I probably spent 30 minutes on it alone and was really frustrated with it. I'm still not sure if it's working properly but the instructions aren't very clear on it. Either that or I can't read.

My powder/expander die is barely screwed in there it just doesn't seem right.

Is it belling the case? That should be pretty straight forward, I'd be curious to see some pics/hear more about it.
    i used to wannabe