Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 167: Modified National Match CoF

I'm in too
    i used to wannabe

Gen 4 19 under a t-shirt, JMCK AIWB
    69-0x

I did absolutely terrible on this drill. I pulled 7 left of the paper that didn't score, 4 on the 25 yard string and 3 on the 10 second string at 15. No excuses. I just suck at SHO and don't put in enough work.

So after that shit show, I tried it again, only with more trigger finger this time. I am normally between the tip and middle of the pad, so I sank it in to the crease.

103-0x

Still not acceptable but an improvement. While it helped to sink the finger, it isn't where my finger naturally falls on the trigger and I have to consciously think about sinking it to get it to the crease. I spent the rest of the afternoon shooting 2" dots SHO, 5 per dot. I was good at 3 and 5 yds but started to drop shots at 7. I think I will keep working SHO dots into every session and eventually get back to the 25 yard line with a b8 to check progress. Overall my SHO=a big box of fail.

CZ 75 SP-01 under a polo and a Gestalt CCC AIWB

Overall no shots shanked so terribly I missed paper, but not very good accuracy. Also worked on draws in dry fire since that hurt my 2nd and 3rd strings, and cost me a penalty for being over time (not sure which shot, so took away best score from my 3rd string)

String 1: 44 - 0X
    String 2: 46 - 0X
    String 3: 33 - 0X
    Total: 123 - 0X

Sadly, not a very good score, and no X's. Will work more SHO presses and draws in dry fire and give this another go.

Name:  25 yd freestyle and DOTW.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  39.9 KB

Week 167: Modified National Match CoF

Wilson CQB commander .45, milt sparks ex rso, button down shirt.

122-1x

I used way too little time on the first two strings and decided to run it again; let's leave it at 'bad call in Texas heat.'

NB: I was way warmed up on SHO, I may try this again cold. It also would be fun to run with the P30.
    Last edited by JAD; 06-12-2016 at 09:45 PM.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Shot this again with the CZ-75 SP-01.

Ran it twice, both times didn't go well. Need to work SHO more regularly in live fire. Accuracy and fundamentals is not where I'd want it to be. I did have a good 2nd string on run 2 (48 - 2X), but based on the rest of my performance could be luck as much as anything...

Shot CZ 75 SP-01
    28 rounds Herters and 115 rounds PMC, no issues encountered.
    Round total = 4,172 + 143 = 4,315 rounds on the gun.

Started the day with DOTW 167 - modified national match COF. (5 shots a string, 25 yds slow fire, 15 yds with 20 sec, 15 yds with 10 sec)
    Ran this twice since the first run was terrible.

Run 1
    String 1 = 35 - 1x (1 miss)
    String 2 = 45 - 0x
    String 3 = 25 - 0x (1 miss, 1 over time)
    Total = 105 - 1x

Called the shot on string 1 due to feeling the flinch, but didn't cleanly see it. String 3 was just bad, due to a poor draw, poor recoil management and poor fundamentals.

Run 2
    String 1 = 40 - 0x
    String 2 = 48 - 2x (pretty good, but possibly lucky haha)
    String 3 = 25 - 0x (1 miss, 1 over time)
    Total = 113 - 2x

Name:  DOTW 167 modified national match cof.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  39.3 KB

Plan to work on accuracy in slow fire. For some reason I get the shakes when trying to shoot live fire, but do not see it in dry fire. Maybe too much tension. Also been working on draws to help make time on the 3rd string, since I had issues with getting a grip and clearing on both runs. Still need to work on recoil management and fundamentals so I don't throw shots on that string.

Equipment: Gen 3 Glock 22 with 9mm conversion, CompTac OWB holster under a vest
    Total score, including x-count: 107 with 1X
    Observations: If you don’t have the skill to shoot fast then shooting fast will likely not go well. It did not. Was done firing at just under 8.33 seconds at 15 yards and 6.40 at the 10 yard line. Practice makes a difference, duh.

Came back to give it a go again with some progress. Used my G19 with KKM compensator to shoot a 129. Small improvement but I didn't snatch any out of the scoring rings. Most points lost out to the left in the 7 and 8 rings.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I shall return.
    OK, so I returned.

25 slow fire: 45/0x
    15 timed fire: 44/0x
    15 rapid fire: 45/0x
    Total: 134/0x

Gun, holster, and concealment: Gen4 G19, American Eagle 147-grain FMJ ammo, K-Rounds IWB holster concealed under a button-front shirt.

Observations
    1. Shot this one cold--no warm-up.
    2. Numerical scores were OK but groups were disappointing.
    3. For once, I didn’t rush the timed-fire string.
    4. Except for a Dawson adjustable rear sight and an Ameriglo front sight painted red, this gun is stock, to include the grooved trigger.
    5. I still need a lot more one-handed practice.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Do-over

• Gun, holster and concealment (optional): Wilson CQB Commander .45, EXRSO, polo
    • Total score, including x-count: 121-0x
    • Observations: I was too damn hot by the time I got around to this drill; I shot about as well as I did the first time I ran it, and I was really hoping for improvement. A P30 run will take some logistics but I think I can get it done under the deadline.

Tried this again last week with the same gear. Got worse.

25 yard slow fire = 43 - 0X
    15 yard, 20 sec = 42 - 1X
    15 yard, 10 sec = 28 - 0X (1 miss, 1 over par)
    total = 113 - 1X

Slowfire string I had better grouping horizontally, but had some vertical stringing. The groups on the 15 yard stages were bad. Plan is to do some practice dry fire draws SHO this week each day, do some 25 yard shooting SHO at the range to warm up, then give this one last shot. That last string is killing me with slow shooting (1 over time) and the poor fundamentals (1 miss, huge grouping). I think the biggest issue is fighting the recoil and inconsistent tracking of the sights back down onto target.

User Tag List