Thread: provisional division

provisional division

Greetings from a newbie!
    I've been shooting IDPA (for just a short time) with my Sig P320 compact, but just now joined USPSA, wanting to shoot that as well. I was thinking the that a full size Sig P320 might be better for USPSA. So, I just bought a P320F (9mm) that happens to come with a RMR2 Trijicon optic, from an individual. THEN, I read that the optic isn't allowed in PRODUCTION, but I see there is a PROVISIONAL- carry optics division, where it seems to be allowed (if I've read any of this correctly). Can someone please clarify? Is OPEN the only place where I can shoot with optic? And does every match recognize Provisional? Mind you...I've never shot optic before, so it's simply a matter of being out a little money. I can certainly take the optic off and shoot iron sights. I've excited to get started! I'm having a blast in IDPA
    Many thanks!
    Rick

My understanding is carry optics (CO) is a provisional division that is here to stay for 2 years, at which point they will come back a me reavaluate it. As far as I know every USPSA sanctioned match recognizes CO. The only thing to do now is go shoot uspsa! Good choice on guns too!
    i used to wannabe

Thanks! I LOVE my P320, my wife has one as well.
    In Feb, my wife and I attended 5 days at Front Sight, where one instructor said I "should join IDPA", so I did. I love it, but there seems to be more opportunity to shoot if I shoot IDPA AND USPSA.

Welcome to Carry Optics. To ensure your SIG complies with the provisional rules, you can review the link provided.

http://uspsa.org/document_library/20...D7_DNROI_2.pdf

User Tag List