Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The pocket 9mm craze

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by WBower View Post
    I think this test reflects most of the CCW permit holders out there these days sadly.
    The average CCW holder puts as much thought into firearms knowledge and skill as the average car owner does into driving knowledge and skill. "Been doin' it all my life, I know what I'm doin'."

I bit on a PM9 a couple of years back........carried it for about 2 days.

That said.........it's for sale if someone is interested.........I have no use for it.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

We are diminished
    "Works great. Only thrown against the concrete floor in disgust once (or twice)."

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    The average CCW holder puts as much thought into firearms knowledge and skill as the average car owner does into driving knowledge and skill. "Been doin' it all my life, I know what I'm doin'."
    This actually brings up something I've found interesting and I'd be curious to see what your (and the other instructors') experience has been given the number of students you work with: I have generally found that, when starting off somebody new to shooting, that women are generally much faster on the initial uptake and more open to suggestion than men. Half the time, men seem to believe that their possession of a penis automatically bequeaths upon them an innate marksmanship ability, which is a problem I've never had with women.

My own personal take on why I carried a pocket gun. Back during my time in the USA, my work clothes and my non-work clothes tended to make a big difference on what I could carry.

Yes, when I wasn’t working I could pretty much carry and conceal anything. However, work was a different story. You see, I worked as a mechanic, for a religious organization, in Central Florida.

Which meant a few things. First, because of the heat, my work clothes were usually shorts and a t-shirt. So the shoot me vest, or any other concealing garment was right out. Second, as a mechanic, I got to do a lot of bending, stretching, crawling, twisting, ect. So, any pistol in any sort of waistband holster is getting a good bit of publicity. Not to mention danged uncomfortable. And that was a bad thing, as my garage was right across the street from a public park, plus one of the main entries to the building I worked for… blah blah blah.

So I had to carry a gun in a pocket, with not even the slightest hint of printing through that pocket. That meant a Baby Browning. Yes, I know that the .25acp is almost a “less lethal” caliber. But it beats harsh language and a handful of nothing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by commandar View Post

Unfortunately, many of the purchasing decisions that drive market demand aren't really based on good information.
    This is the absolute truth.

On about day 3 of SHOT show this year, I was at the end of my rope from dry firing every pistol I could get my hands on at the booths. I wanted to scream at all the different company reps, "This is the trigger you put in your gun? Does no one at your company shoot, at all?"

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by beltjones View Post
    I wanted to scream at all the different company reps, "This is the trigger you put in your gun? Does no one at your company shoot, at all?"
    Can't get into details, but there is a new line of pistols coming from a major manufacturer that will result in an echoing chorus of "WTF?" from the serious shooting community...

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Can't get into details, but there is a new line of pistols coming from a major manufacturer that will result in an echoing chorus of "WTF?" from the serious shooting community...
    I just bought a "Governor". Maybe now I can add a President and Vice President to my collection too.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by TAP View Post
    I just bought a "Governor".
    Perma-ban.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TAP View Post
    I just bought a "Governor". Maybe now I can add a President and Vice President to my collection too.
    I'm waiting for the Crooked Judge before I get out my wallet. Maybe after that I'll order a Kel-Tec Tampered Jury and a Bersa Sleazy Lawyer.

User Tag List