Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The pocket 9mm craze

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    It works great with a desantis superfly:

Holds it securely, even with an 8 round magazine, and one in the chamber too.
    MTech, which pocket do you carry this in? I carry my LCP in a Desantis, back pocket, strong side. That is the only place I feel comfortable with it. Front pocket, it looks like I have a tumor on my thigh. Cargos, it flops around and bangs off my leg. Even back pocket like I prefer, sitting, driving, well, now the tumor is on my ass. Jacket, OK well, here comes summer. And thats with an LCP, I deal with it because thats the price we pay to feel safe in these times but... I know, I know, carrying a weapon is supposed to be comforting not comfortable. For me the PPS would fall into the belt carry category (IWB, AWB, OWB) along with the G26, P2000sk, 239, 232, and the like. All small but, all a bit too big for this method. How do you pull this off (pocket carry a PPS)? Only way I could imagine is back pocket/strong side.

Quote Originally Posted by P30shtr View Post
    MTech, which pocket do you carry this in? I carry my LCP in a Desantis, back pocket, strong side. That is the only place I feel comfortable with it. Front pocket, it looks like I have a tumor on my thigh. Cargos, it flops around and bangs off my leg. Even back pocket like I prefer, sitting, driving, well, now the tumor is on my ass. Jacket, OK well, here comes summer. And thats with an LCP, I deal with it because thats the price we pay to feel safe in these times but... I know, I know, carrying a weapon is supposed to be comforting not comfortable. For me the PPS would fall into the belt carry category (IWB, AWB, OWB) along with the G26, P2000sk, 239, 232, and the like. All small but, all a bit too big for this method. How do you pull this off (pocket carry a PPS)? Only way I could imagine is back pocket/strong side.
    95% of the time I carry it in a comp-tac minotaur. But when I do, front pocket, strong side. More than once it has ridden in a cargo pants pocket.

It was in my front left pocket when I was shoe shopping with my 2-1/2 year old (with him climbing all over me).

Editing to add pics -
    standing with gun in left pocket (shield flap removed from desantis) and 6 round mag installed:

taking a step forward with my left leg (I'm a lefty, the gun is in that left pocket):

It is there, it isn't huge and obvious.

Especially since normally my pocket would have a bolus of keys, flashlight, knife, chapstick - it seems that a single flat thing doesn't poke out as much. I'm also an ex-smoker, I'm used to having a pack and lighter too.
    Last edited by MTechnik; 03-08-2011 at 08:44 AM.

User Tag List