Page 58 of 76 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaska Journal

@GJM, do you want me to split out a Coyote thread?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @GJM, do you want me to split out a Coyote thread?
    Not necessary, this is a pretty eclectic thread, and I think 'yotes fit right in! Thanks for asking.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    We’re you near GBN, or at KGXF, by chance?
    That’s just north of the Barry Goldwater ranges, and when I was flying F-16s at Luke, we would often drop in there for a pattern or to practice a Simulated Flame-Out (SFO) approach. I’d imagine the F-35 bros are doing that these days.
    I love living just a mile from Luke AFB, one of the main training bases for F35s. I never get tired of seeing those fly!

Today was pretty decent. I learned some stuff at the range, Astro hit 459 consecutive days of making her running goal with a perfect year of 365 consecutive days, and as of midnight I am unemployed.

Name:  1A87EA89-E129-48E1-9879-B41338AC967D.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  21.1 KB

Good girl, Astro

Unemployed or retired?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

FUNemployed...

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Good girl, Astro

Unemployed or retired?
    The Boss let me go. There are ongoing discussions as to whether it is permanent or a sabbatical. I expect 9mm consumption will increase in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    We’re you near GBN, or at KGXF, by chance?
    That’s just north of the Barry Goldwater ranges, and when I was flying F-16s at Luke, we would often drop in there for a pattern or to practice a Simulated Flame-Out (SFO) approach. I’d imagine the F-35 bros are doing that these days.
    My guess is the F-35s have so much internal fuel, they went and did TI in Gladbag, then dropped into Lake Havasu for a few SFOs, then some BFM in Gladbag again, then RTB.

18000+ lbs internal fuel for that jet. Normal training mission ASD is 2.5, and for simple instrument sorties they could go 3.0 or more. This info was from discussions with the OT bubbas at Eglin, this could have changed, YMMV.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    My guess is the F-35s have so much internal fuel, they went and did TI in Gladbag, then dropped into Lake Havasu for a few SFOs, then some BFM in Gladbag again, then RTB.

18000+ lbs internal fuel for that jet. Normal training mission ASD is 2.5, and for simple instrument sorties they could go 3.0 or more. This info was from discussions with the OT bubbas at Eglin, this could have changed, YMMV.
    That’s what I was thinking after seeing where Havasu was relative to Gladbag.
    Hard to imagine flying fighters at Luke without one lobster-eye on the fuel gauge. Although I imagine the Mudhen bubbas had similar a fuel embarrassment-of-riches back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Boss let me go. There are ongoing discussions as to whether it is permanent or a sabbatical. I expect 9mm consumption will increase in 2022.
    Astro is elated I am sure.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

User Tag List