Page 60 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaska Journal

I don't know how I missed this thread, really interesting. Without wanting to start a while new thread, what are the common guns carried by the outdoorsmen in Alaska? Handguns specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by flux View Post
    I don't know how I missed this thread, really interesting. Without wanting to start a while new thread, what are the common guns carried by the outdoorsmen in Alaska? Handguns specifically.
    Mostly 10mm semi autos.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Tomorrow is the big day, 500 days of Astro making her 60 minutes of exercise a day goal. The last few weeks she hasn't had the same zip on walks, and starting this weekend we plan to let her rest and tell us how much she wants to run. I guess with her pushing 13 years old this summer, she ought to be able to do what seems fun.
    Warms my heart to see her looking so dignified and enjoying life.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Astro having made 500 days, we decided to let her decide how much she wants to do. It has been 70 minutes +/- a day, and she just made 507 days. Charlie got her new ear and eye pro from Rex-SpecX.

Name:  7987F54E-447A-441B-B65A-FD979B392D6C.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  45.0 KB

Rex Specs are Ophir approved!

Name:  Ophir Rex Specs.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  48.8 KB

Is Astro gun trained like a hunting dog? For the gunfire that is?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Is Astro gun trained like a hunting dog? For the gunfire that is?
    We brought her home at six weeks and immediately exposed her. That first day, Charlie held her inside while I shot a .22 rifle outside. No reaction. 22 outside with her, no reaction. Same process. with .22 from a pistol. Then 9mm, same. Then 5.56, no reaction. Guess we got a good one. Once I rolled the window of the Taco down and shot a porcupine out the window with a USP and .45 Super, with her standing on the center console. My wife reacted but not the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Once I rolled the window of the Taco down and shot a porcupine out the window with a USP and .45 Super, with her standing on the center console. My wife reacted but not the dog.
    I read that as "rolled down the window at Taco Bell and shot a porcupine..." I was trying to figure out a. why you were at Taco Bell, b. why the porcupine was at Taco Bell, c. what would a porcupine order at Taco Bell?

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes?

🤷
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Maple chalupa?
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List